PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous oxide kits

scott.parker
21-06-09, 06:40 PM
Now Ive been doing some reading on this, and there is allot of info on the net that shows you how to make your own kit's,and it comes in allot cheaper etc.
So question is what would most people do, do more research and find out how to make your own, or buy one buy a well know brand?

Also another thing, how would i go about getting this set to work right, can you just use it without getting your ECU mapped to suite using it?

Scott

Stuart
21-06-09, 09:28 PM
a homebrew setup = hugely likely chances of an F&F fail :(

money spent on the real thing from WON = hugely LESS likely fail.

if you can afford the initial cost of a WON kit then long term its going to cost you less in the fact they dont lose much money when changing hands, if you dont eat the engine thats money saved and stuff purchased ONCE as its the right gear.

all imho of course

Mike
21-06-09, 09:59 PM
Scott, ive done a lot of searching about this, mainly off the shelf kits, for peace of mind a retaining a nice bank balance, personally i would buy a complete out the box kit mate.

Adam
21-06-09, 10:23 PM
Get a WON kit, jet it rich, keep an eye on the plugs......
Can pick one up cheap 2nd hand, might be worth getting the solenoids checked over before using it though.

novaguy08
21-06-09, 10:50 PM
out of the box chap, your own kit isnt a bad idea if you know what your doing & you have spent some time looking at how the pro''s do it. if not then you could end up with a disaster on your hands!

matt_vaughan
21-06-09, 11:34 PM
how about doing a DIY job on another car/engine, if you succeed try it on the real deal....

Novaboi_1991
21-06-09, 11:40 PM
as matt said, but if you just wanna jump in the ring, deffo a kit off the shelf,

scott.parker
21-06-09, 11:45 PM
Well it's just food for thought right now, as i know it's looked upon as cheating, but nos would get that 1/4 time right down...

matt_vaughan
21-06-09, 11:47 PM
and blurry vision ^^ obviously....

philip
22-06-09, 06:21 AM
get yourself over on to www.vauxsport.com (http://www.vauxsport.com)

and put a post up in the nitrous&turbo section, likes of gaz'd with the purple totb corsa is on there alot and hes probably the best person to get advice from.