PDA

View Full Version : Bent car???

Anonymous
10-02-03, 11:20 PM
Help.....

I attempted to stick a rollcage into the nova tonight. All went well got the cage in but it doesn?t sit correctly in places. Now i know the car has been rear ended as there is a crease directly above the chassis leg (i think that?s what its called, But its basically what the boot floor welds onto) and now on that side there is like 2cm gap between the rollcage and the rear arch. And also the front left roof bar is about 2cm out. It looks like the cage needs pulling back on the right side but there is no way of doing this as its too tight on the o/s of the car...

I know that sometimes the rollcage can be off but I?ve measure up and its all the same it seems to be the o/s of the car that?s causing all the problems.

The car is a 1990 Vauxhall nova 1400 S.R

Any gen would be really helpful as I?m going to kick it soon lol

Cheers in advance

Rex
(If nothing makes sense let us know lol I'm tired...)

nova dosed
10-02-03, 11:52 PM
er yea sounds nasty

Ste_Nova
11-02-03, 10:01 AM
just strap and (rubber) hammer it in.... once the bolts are in it will pull tight

novarally9999
11-02-03, 07:11 PM
Best idea is to reshell it. If you are thinking of racing/rallying the last thing you want is a kinked shell.

Would be cheaper probably in long run - it will likely need constant repairs and components will wear quicker

Anonymous
12-02-03, 12:09 AM
Yeha im gona re shell i think as its not worth the hassle with things like that.. may as well give up and get a new un. So i'm looking for a nice 1.0l jobbie now... :D

Rick Draper
12-02-03, 12:21 AM
At the end of the day does if feel right when you drive it as if it does i would use the shell you have at the moment. Reshelling aint worth it for a rally car as they only ret ragged and abused anyway. You will stuff it anyway. Rick

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 12:14 PM
just strap and (rubber) hammer it in.... once the bolts are in it will pull tight

as ste says once the cage is in i qould assume it will add to the rigidity of the car

apart from that kink u mention is there any other damage to the caR?

dents anywehere or craks to pannels or badly seating pannels etc?