PDA

View Full Version : Annoying ticking from speedo

Connor
21-06-09, 02:18 AM
Right...
I have a recently changed the speedo cable due to it snapping
i used a non gm speedo cable

now when driving along it makes a ticking noise which gets quicker the quicker i am going

the speedo works fine, but some of my passenger get very pissed off with the noise

i was just wondering is it because i used a non gm cable, or is it because it is not fitted correctly

cheers
connor

CoolTiger
21-06-09, 04:16 AM
i had this with mine. (new speedo cable) just tipped a little bit of oil down it, take the clocks out and the connector out the back tip some oil in let it drain down and should be fine after 1/4mile or so :)

General Baxter
21-06-09, 09:19 AM
turn up the tunes, or louder exhaust sorted lol

stevie-p
21-06-09, 12:09 PM
i pulled the nob thingy that counts how many miles you've done out job sorted

bmw156
21-06-09, 12:23 PM
mine does this, on my dial and now on my digi so its the milage thingy, if i press on the digi then it goes away, as baxter says i just turn up the tunes lol

skidmarkz
21-06-09, 01:05 PM
i dont have a stereo :(

Electronic pickup FTW!!!

jimbob-mcgrew
21-06-09, 04:25 PM
try pushing the trip counter button in a coupla times, and wait for a few seconds to see if its shut it up, i had this prob and did this to silence mine.

every now and then id catch my hand on the button tho, and it would start back up again, but i just had to be patient and wait till i got lucky with a decent click of that button.

hope that works for ya.

if all fails, fit a gm jobby or smash the clocks up in anger lol

AlexW
21-06-09, 04:43 PM
I acualy found my GM cable was worse than the aftermarket jobbie.

And i changed my speedo head and it went away, i couldnt be arsed messing around with it all.

Connor
22-06-09, 12:56 AM
ahhh feck it
bring on the tunesss:cool: :thumb:

brainsnova
22-06-09, 01:40 AM
find an old song that contains tick tick boom.

MK999
22-06-09, 06:48 AM
it's probably the trip counter, they tend to get stuck in my experience, and click as it tries to go round