PDA

View Full Version : Todays problem

Anonymous
05-12-00, 10:57 PM
So i finally got a new bottom end, and the endless oil burning has stopped. Yeah!
So after driving for couple of days wondering what could possibly break next i found my next problem.
Somethings wrong with something (i luv the technical talk!)
It makes a funny very slight putt every now and then, this was lessened by changin the oil and HT leads but is still there. gonna get the ignition timing and emmissions set 2moro, hopefully mite fix it.
main problem-when u go to accelerate the car kinda stops and pulls back, u can accelerate thru the pull but can still feel it pulling u back.how can i fix it.
PS the car was empty of petrol when i got it back so mite it be shit in the carb?
Also theres a screeching noise every now and then(still to check the fan belt.do that 2moro to.)
ah the joys of gettin engine work done on the cheap.
Please help.
mrtim

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:36 AM
If you slam the accelerator, the car should give almost instant throttle response, it the car begins to fade when you slam it, try checking all your fuel hoses to make sure none of them have gone porous or are leaking.

Anonymous
06-12-00, 09:33 AM
It sounds like it is something to do with the choke. If I have my coke out when the car is at normal temprature, it does this when it is booted. I simply push it in and the car is fine.

Anonymous
06-12-00, 11:42 AM
In responce to mrtim's problem, is that the engine is cold

Anonymous
06-12-00, 06:13 PM
what bout some condensation in the distriputor