PDA

View Full Version : 6 dial clocks compatability

jimbob-mcgrew
19-06-09, 09:51 PM
if i got hold hold of an sr set of these, would i need the rear connector with it for it to work, or will my connector plug in and work fine ? mk.1 im talking about. cheers :thumb:

Southie
19-06-09, 09:56 PM
Mk1 clocks will fit mk1 connectors. Mk2 clocks don't fit mk1 connectors though.

Run a wire from the coil for rev counter. Also you will need a twin sender oil sender for the oil gauge to work correctly as the single senders are only for emmiting the ones with a light.

Asa-James
19-06-09, 11:42 PM
the difference between the connectors is mk1 has 12 pins and mk2 has 14 pins (iirc) i found that one out the hard way. read above for the extra wiring and sender you need

Jack
19-06-09, 11:46 PM
Am I right in thinking only the 1.6 engines have oil pressure senders though?

craig green
19-06-09, 11:53 PM
SR's ran an oil press gauge in the dash aswell RJ....

Southie
19-06-09, 11:55 PM
Am I right in thinking only the 1.6 engines have oil pressure senders though?
Not 100% but I think the Antibes had 6 dial clocks and they were 1.2 also mk1 sr's had the 6 dials.

AlexW
20-06-09, 12:00 AM
Mk2 SR's dont run the pressure sender though. Just a light in place of the gauge.

phazer
20-06-09, 09:15 AM
Good news is that the threads on the oil senders are all the same. Mines off a straight 6 old carlton. Cost me a quid years ago, still working fine :)

If you have mk2 SRi dials (the white and black ones) but want the GSi volt/oil guages you can just fit the pcb sheet on the back, the dials fit in place of the lamps.

jimbob-mcgrew
20-06-09, 01:13 PM
cheers guys, tis what i wanted to hear :thumb:
i have the pressure sender allready, just need the clocks.
as far as the wiring goes, will my 1.2 loom connector have whats needed in the pin slots ? or am i going to have to customize the connector to accomodate 2 extra wires ? (i.e - ram the stripped end of a wire into its place)

AlexW
20-06-09, 01:50 PM
2 wires?! The pressure sender is already wired up. The rev gauge needs a new wire but cant remember how the mk1 stuff is.

Dave.
20-06-09, 02:54 PM
sorry to hi-jack, but will a pressure sender fit a 1l engine? been told they dont but cant see why not??

AlexW
20-06-09, 03:07 PM
Dave have you seen where it goes on a larger engine? If the oil pump is the same then it should.

Dave.
21-06-09, 01:10 AM
not seen where it dgoes, ill nick one form a calibra or carlton from the scrappy and test fit it :thumb:

Asa-James
21-06-09, 01:24 AM
2 wires?! The pressure sender is already wired up. The rev gauge needs a new wire but cant remember how the mk1 stuff is.

the oil pressure wire might not be, from what i can remember you need to run a wire from pin 4 on the coil (bottom right as you look at the coil) to the back of the clocks where there is a spade connecter on the rear of the rev counter

also may need to run an extra wire from the oil pressure switch to the spade connecter on the back of the oil pressure gauge, no need to rewire the main block or jam wires in anywhere

AlexW
21-06-09, 09:47 AM
The oil pressure wire is there on all the novas ive seen.

jimbob-mcgrew
21-06-09, 04:15 PM
the oil pressure wire might not be, from what i can remember you need to run a wire from pin 4 on the coil (bottom right as you look at the coil) to the back of the clocks where there is a spade connecter on the rear of the rev counter

also may need to run an extra wire from the oil pressure switch to the spade connecter on the back of the oil pressure gauge, no need to rewire the main block or jam wires in anywhere

^ ta jimbo :thumb:

alex u filthy mc'nasty