PDA

View Full Version : insurance database

marc novataken
18-06-09, 09:35 PM
my brother insured his car today, at 6ish but its not on the askmid insurance database. does that mean he has no insurance or does it just take a little while to go on the database? also is it true that if you enter a reg on there that isnt insured, that it flags up on the police checks?

Benn
18-06-09, 09:38 PM
Prob wont be tillthe next day...

AlexW
18-06-09, 09:40 PM
iirc somone on here checked his and it didnt show for about a day and a phone call later it appeared within the hour. Not sure what the fuzz would say about it tho.

marc novataken
18-06-09, 09:48 PM
you reckon he will be ok to drive it? if he gets pulled he would just show his certificate of insurance and i suppose they would let him go? what about it flagging him up on database?

ianglanister
18-06-09, 09:51 PM
hi matey with joining the police i have found, alot of coppers know about this. If he is driving just tell him to make sure he has his policy number and company with him in the car and providing his licence,tax and mot check out then there wont be a problem driving the vehicle as it is insured but generally takes approx 2 days to be on the system.
hope this helps Ian

marc novataken
18-06-09, 09:55 PM
hi matey with joining the police i have found, alot of coppers know about this. If he is driving just tell him to make sure he has his policy number and company with him in the car and providing his licence,tax and mot check out then there wont be a problem driving the vehicle as it is insured but generally takes approx 2 days to be on the system.
hope this helps Ian

ok so he shouldnt have any probs then? he got tax, mot and insurance all today and carries them in the car with him so should be fine. thanks mate +rep

ianglanister
18-06-09, 09:59 PM
ye he will be fine aslong as he carries the policy number with him

marc novataken
18-06-09, 10:05 PM
thanks mate :thumb:

Jack
19-06-09, 08:14 AM
iirc somone on here checked his and it didnt show for about a day and a phone call later it appeared within the hour. Not sure what the fuzz would say about it tho.
That was dave.

As you see on Police Road Stop Death Kill Massacre Battles on ITV9 and Dave, the law usually just ring the appropriate insurance company if they can't see it on the database. Hence carrying the policy number and contact details (insurance cert won't cut it as you could have cancelled the policy but retained the certificate).

However, as the reg may flag up as uninsured, it gives them a reason to pull him over and check things out, so make sure the car is up to scratch. Some police peoples may be slightly put out that the hopeful easy-nick they thought they had didn't work out so they might try and do him for something else instead.