PDA

View Full Version : Violent XE Steering :S

ST-eater
18-06-09, 03:10 PM
My nova today has started to be a true vauxhall and started to give me problems.... i started off to college only to be greeted with a blown bulb in the digi dash.... not a big problem, but then the car felt funny to drive.

When slowly driving and just putting my foot down very slowly the steering wheel jolts to the left (clunk noise). It also does it when your accelerating and then take your foot off the throttle. Its not a binding break disk type thing where it slowly pulls, its a violent sharp jolt.
The car however does pull to that side now....

Feels like a balljoint is non existant, yet they are new on both sides.. Im about to go out to have a good luck round her, mainly checking the lower gearbox mount and the short driveshaft on that side but does anyone have any suggestions of other things to check?

Normally things happen in three's, so i have the next problem to look forward to lol.

mayhem
18-06-09, 03:13 PM
mine did that, turned out to be a crack near the torsie bar mounts in the front crossmember.

didnt 'kloink' much, but she felt funny in the steering wheel,

Jack
18-06-09, 03:15 PM
Check your tie bars and mounting bolts are tight. Mine were loose on the N/S and caused the same problem

ST-eater
18-06-09, 03:18 PM
No worries - The bolts holding the ball joint worked loose :D

novautd
18-06-09, 06:27 PM
make sure that there sleaved bolts with lock nuts

Nobby
18-06-09, 07:52 PM
No worries - The bolts holding the ball joint worked loose :D

you mean you foooked it up lol

AlanH
18-06-09, 07:59 PM
had the exact same problem on my way to PV

Benn
18-06-09, 08:06 PM
Why does it being a Vauxhall mean anything, i think what you mean is its like it cause some ones pissed about with it.

As said check everything is still done up.
Check the tracking is still right.
Check the ball joints on the streering arnt funked.