PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know much about throttle boddies

VXandy
17-06-09, 08:45 PM
I've just seen these but dont know much about them: http://www.pistonheads.com/SALES/1071166.htm

There to go on my c16xe corsa and i was just wondering if they do run on standard management and if anyone know's if they'll fit a c16xe as they were on a x14xe. Also does anybody know what kind of power gains they alone create?

Muchos gracias

Andy

Stuart
17-06-09, 08:49 PM
yes you "can" run it without stand alone management, but it will be a sack of turd.

for £500 you can get jenveys, then add the extra cash for management :D

dilbert stuff is crapski

VXandy
17-06-09, 08:53 PM
yes you "can" run it without stand alone management, but it will be a sack of turd.

for £500 you can get jenveys, then add the extra cash for management :D

dilbert stuff is crapski

Im told the x14xe runs fine but you have to rev it for a bit when cold as there's no automatic choke. How much is the management for jenvey's though mate? Do you have a link at all? (as im unsure what im looking for)

So should i stay away?:thumb:

philip
17-06-09, 08:58 PM
do a proper job.....

bike carbs...cheapest option

twin carbs or proper throttle bodies.

need atleast ignition only ecu, get from sbd. or pay extra couple of hundred £££ and go for a full standalone ECU.:thumb:

Will F
18-06-09, 08:36 AM
They are not throttle bodies, at least in teh 'traditional' sense.

The are poop. To get them to work properly, you will end up spending more than a 2nd hand set of 'propers'

:D

craig green
18-06-09, 07:34 PM
'the noise they make is outta this word'. LOL

peester
18-06-09, 08:57 PM
stu's pricing is a little bit keen there, for new stuff anyway youll always pay nearer £1700 for all the neccessaries to get jenveys working on ya engine..
Or play your luck with used stuff; that would be way better value than the dbilas stuff.

Stuart
18-06-09, 09:09 PM
stu's pricing is a little bit keen there, for new stuff anyway youll always pay nearer £1700 for all the neccessaries to get jenveys working on ya engine..
Or play your luck with used stuff; that would be way better value than the dbilas stuff.

being pedantic, £500 will get you the TB's and possibly a manifold... the rest is in ECU and mapping lol

phazer
18-06-09, 09:28 PM
Don't forget to add £130 for the mechano throttle linkage from Jenvey lol

Having said that, I'd do it again and again, TB's rock :cool: