PDA

View Full Version : How to obtain original car reg mark?

scott.parker
17-06-09, 07:57 PM
I have a private plate on my car, it came with the shell, if i want to put the original reg mark back onto it how can go about it, as i have looked through pages and pages of DVLA balls but can not find out the details i am after!...

HELP!

Scott

staggy_gsi
17-06-09, 07:59 PM
do you not just ask to put yours on retention and then they issue the vehicle with its original number again??

16v Nova Kev
17-06-09, 08:00 PM
you sometimes dont get your old reg back

Adam*D
17-06-09, 08:00 PM
You can only get it's origional number plate back if it's still available.

scott.parker
17-06-09, 08:06 PM
Thats what i was worried about, but reading in the DVLA schpeel of pissh, they say that the original reg mark can not be put into circulation/or re sold, so I'm guessing it should be available to put back onto the car, i think i need to put the private reg on retention, and then sell it??

Oh dear, looks like a LONG boring call to a welsh woman then lol

Scott

16v Nova Kev
17-06-09, 08:08 PM
yep and an 90ish pound fee to take it off that covers your next transfer

Royston
17-06-09, 08:10 PM
Normally, the original number, certainly in recent years remains on file, as and when the private plate is put on retention/transfered is "re-issued" although years ago this didn't happen and it could be re-issued.

My M reg Range Rover had it's original no returned to it when I bought it (had a private plate, which the previous owner kept)

and It now has my private plate on it.

You will have to go for it and see!

scott.parker
17-06-09, 08:19 PM
Cheers Royston, thats what i was thinking, just is nice to be able to gain the info of the net and read at my own leisure etc.

So anyone want to buy a reg mark? J20XE??

Scott

Graeme
17-06-09, 08:30 PM
Just go to your local Dvla office and ask to take the plate off, It'll cost 80 quid to put it straight on to another vehicle (it has to be in your name), or 105 quid to put it on retention for a year, for you to then sell it, the buyer will have to name themselves as the nominee at the cost of 25quid and then transfer it to their legal vehicle, I know there is a few flaws in my description but that's nearly it

Dod
17-06-09, 08:41 PM
If you're interested in a swap, I have a lovely Reg on one of my Cavs. L 666 PUB.

scott.parker
18-06-09, 12:25 AM
Rather sell it Dod mate, as im skintaroo!

Cheers Graeme, yeah i understand what your saying.

Scott

hybridturbo
18-06-09, 06:32 PM
much u after?

pm if you want

scott.parker
18-06-09, 06:35 PM
much u after?

pm if you want

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123962

Scott