PDA

View Full Version : Magnex 4-2-1 and Ashley system

MK999
17-06-09, 07:53 PM
Anyone running this setup? I thought it would all bolt up together nicely but apparently not! If you are running it how did you get it to work, or am I missing something and it actually fits fine?

Rich
17-06-09, 08:11 PM
As long as its all for the same engine gte/gsi/sr i cant see a problem. What engine is it?

MK999
17-06-09, 08:18 PM
1.6 GSi engine, that's what I thought too, as it should just end in the same place, as in theory it's all interchangeable with standard stuff, but the Magnex manifold seems to end a 45 degree bend and 2 inches too short? :confused:

MK999
17-06-09, 08:55 PM
just been out and double checked it by mounting it all up on the hangers etc. It's not too short, it's actually too long, and the ashley centre overlaps the Magnex manifold by about 3-4 inches :( Guessing the best solution (while retaining my manifold and system) is to cut them both down and put a flexi in the middle? Would I be better off just getting an ashley manifold though?

Rich
17-06-09, 09:06 PM
I reckon they have supplied either the wrong manifold or exhaust? Maybe to with with one to fit a car with a cat and one without?

MK999
17-06-09, 09:09 PM
Possibly... were both bought separately second hand, engine came from Paul with the manifold on and ashley system is from BIGS, but in theory the decat tubes/cat should be the same length too surely? Otherwise decat tubes wouldn't work.

MK999
18-06-09, 12:57 PM
Right, have phoned ashley and found out that their systems are made either to mate to an ashley manifold or a standard item, does anyone know if the Magnex manifolds were made to mate to a standard system? If so I just need the ashley 'decat' pipe to fit a standard system and it should all fit together perfectly.