PDA

View Full Version : driving lessons

shanehandley
09-02-03, 10:03 PM
im starting my driving lessons in a couple of weeks how much are they ruthly and how many do you lot recoment to have before i take my test.

cheers

shane.

wisewood
09-02-03, 10:47 PM
the instructor will let you know when you are ready for your test.

Mel
09-02-03, 11:19 PM
hmm..well it depends on individual instructor, and person..mine was 17 quid a lesson, and only had a couple months lessons..but others need more...u're better off asking someone who knows how well you can drive..ring round for quote's..

Chris LR
10-02-03, 09:38 AM
?17 per hour with BSM (Student Discout)
I had 40-45 lessons with 1 fail.

You probably won't fail though, I was a terrible learner. I locked the Anti-Lock Brakes and Wheel spun. I also changed from 5th to 1st instead of 5th to 3rd, lol.

Ask Anton LOL

wisewood
10-02-03, 09:42 AM
grandmother paid for mine so i have no idea how much they cost, but i had about 20 lessons in the end i think, but was ready for test after 15 but needed to pass my theory because like a muppet i forgot to book it :lol:

was luck to get a cancellation or i could have ended up wasting loads of money on lessons to keep myself fresh while waiting for the test.

linzTDI
10-02-03, 10:47 AM
i am having lessons i intended on having my test before xmas but i hadnt done my theory so i wasted loads of money on lessons i didnt really need.
i have had about 30 lessons now and i am not taking anymore until i have done my theory. so dont make my mistake.
i pay ?90 for 7 lessons works out cheaper if you book in bulk.
it was ?50 for my first 5
this is through jewettes by the way. they have a website with all prices etc on have a look about and see where is the cheapest

Wiggie
10-02-03, 05:38 PM
?17 per hour with BSM (Student Discout)
I had 40-45 lessons with 1 fail.

You probably won't fail though, I was a terrible learner. I locked the Anti-Lock Brakes and Wheel spun. I also changed from 5th to 1st instead of 5th to 3rd, lol.

Ask Anton LOL

5th to 1st!!!!! owch!

RobIsGrt18
10-02-03, 06:08 PM
i did my lessons in 2 hour blocks which were 30bucks, as linz says its cheaper to book um in bulk (well mine were, prob depends who u go with) i took bout 18 lessons in total and passed second time :)

locky
10-02-03, 06:15 PM
I ad lotsa lessons! 3rd time lucky 4 me!
i was havin 2 a week plus drivin the red nova!

Chris LR
10-02-03, 06:49 PM
I also went around a roundabout with 2 wheels on the road, 2 on the roundabout. :? 5th to 1st was the best.

If you want any tips on how not-to-drive, I'm your man :!: :twisted:

Cara
10-02-03, 07:04 PM
give me tips.

i pay ?17 an hour 4 ma driving lessons. But hopefully wont need anymore after thursday :lol:

Chris LR
10-02-03, 07:17 PM
1. Don't look at examiners notes - Once you've seen that you've failed, what can you do?

2. Pretend you've got your parents sitting in the back - The only time I drive well is in their presence.

3. Think well ahead - where do you think your being told to go (possible Hazards?)

4. Learn in the Winter & Pass in the Summer - Advice on Conditions but not tested on them

5. Tell your Instructer what you want to practice - It's your money, tell them what to do.

6. Guys, Don't dress like a boy racer (baseball cap etc ) - you'll fail

7. Girls, Don't try too hard to impress with Hair/Make-up - you won't pass.

There are my tips.
WARNING, only 12% of people pass first time, however second timers are better drivers (Me :) )

RobHardyUK
11-02-03, 11:34 PM
Personally i wouldnt pretend my parents were in the back because you mite focus on them being there and thats focus that could be put to the road. I paid ?20 per lesson! they have gone up now round my way aswell. ?21. and that is with BSM. AA charge ?24!!!!!! I had 18 lessons and passed first time with 3 minors. And i thought i failed. because i completely fucked up the reverse round a corner. I dint hit the curb, just went rather wide.................................... and this was near the start, so when that happend i fort fuck it and just drove back not giving much of a shit, just mearly staying under the sped limit and pulled up in car park space............. "im glad to say u have passed" :lol: so good luck to you. whoever rote this post........... :lol:

Anton
12-02-03, 08:26 AM
<-- passed first time :lol:

Aragorn
12-02-03, 11:55 AM
f00k

i had 8 lessons at ?17 a go and passed first time only 5 minors too and 3 of those was he couldnt see me checkin the mirrors, nob

but then i had driven around for about 4 months before that with me parents

was i fuck paying for 20+ lessons

then 2 weeks after passing i smashed into a citreon zx on the M8 because i was rubber necking at a previous accident writing off the first nova

linzTDI
12-02-03, 12:03 PM
i have got a print out here of the jewettes website here are some prices

single driving lesson 50mins = ?13
weekends = ?14

60mins ?15

block bookings 10x50 mins = ?125

intensive courses (block bookings)
7 hrs = ?95
10 hrs = ?137
14 hrs = ?192
20 hrs = ?275
28 hrs = ?385
32 hrs = ?440
theory test included on 28 and 32 hour bookings

it all depends on if your parent or friend are willing to teach you between lessons then you wont need as many but my instructor told me that the average number of lessons for a beginner (no driving at all) is 40 lessons

RobHardyUK
12-02-03, 02:14 PM
thats well cheap! i got rip off. it depends wher u live. I dont know. hmph. :?

linzTDI
12-02-03, 02:18 PM
i would imagine they would have a few centres accross the country.
i havent a clue where tho.

Mel
12-02-03, 08:30 PM
<<< passed first time..and it was 17 quid a lesson too :wink:

Chris LR
12-02-03, 08:47 PM
Stats show second timers are safer drivers.