PDA

View Full Version : engine keeps cutting out

novaluxeplus
17-06-09, 03:41 PM
put my 16sv and its been running well for about a fortnight now but i left it idling last night and it just cut out and wouldnt start agian.
i took my airbox of and fiddled with the choke flap a bit and it started up ran for about 1 mile perfect then started to lose power then regain then lose and so on, left it idling again and was okay went to pull away and just cut out again.
fiddled with carb again finaly got it started but was like a kangeroo on the way home most of the way it had times when it was fine too.
this morning started up great but after 30 seconds died again

any ideas please:)

dougie_boi
17-06-09, 09:06 PM
blocked jets could cause that mate. or choke needing checked as it could be holding the butterfly nearly shut and flooding it.

let_nova
17-06-09, 09:15 PM
dizzy?
and no im not asking if you are dizzy

novaluxeplus
18-06-09, 09:15 AM
choke seams to be woring properly when its hot its open
could maybe be jets as i have just been informed the petrol i put in the night before it started had some 2 stroke oil in it??

dougie_boi
18-06-09, 12:43 PM
sounds like some good fresh petrol and a strong dosage of redex should clear it out then mate. probably best to clean your plugs as well matey

novaluxeplus
18-06-09, 01:29 PM
Hmmm I Kinda Have A Full Tank Of It Lol
Guess I Will Burn It Off Then Get Some Petrol Pump Petrol And Redex
Cant Complain Ive Had About 10 Gallon A Week Free Petrol From Work Since January And This Is The First Hicup

dougie_boi
18-06-09, 03:14 PM
lol lucky free petrol in this day and age very hard to come by lol make sure you have got an inline fuel filter in the feed pipe from between your mechanical pump and the carb as well just incase its crap in the system from the bottom of the jerry cans

jimbob-mcgrew
18-06-09, 03:19 PM
does it start up, idle and rev fine, but when u try and drive it, it dies straight up ?
i had that prob and it was carb related.

2 stroke sounds a bit dodge lol

brake-dust
18-06-09, 03:20 PM
sorry for the part hi-jack but sometimes when i nail mine for example off a roundabout the orange light comes on (managment??) and cuts out like you turn the key off, but when i take my foot off again it'll pick up agian and drive fine only does it occasionally

novaluxeplus
18-06-09, 03:26 PM
No I Can Boot It And Its Fine But Could Be Driving Normally And Just As If Turned Key Off Then Very Kangerooy ( I Think Thats A Word Lol ) Ive Used 1/4 Tank Of It And Its Slowly Getting Better I Think This Was The Problem Lol

Yeah Free Petrol Is Great Lol When We Get Lots Of Cars In We Can Get Like 80 Gallon Of It In A Week Lol We Not Allowed To Sell It So Just Stick It In Our Motors Lol

novaluxeplus
18-06-09, 03:28 PM
Oh Yeah I Was Going To Ask Too Whats The Little Black Canister Thing Just After My Mech Pump??
It Has The Feed In And Feed Out To Carb But Also Has Another Pipe Conected To Return Line But My Carb Only Has One Pipe In No Pipes Out??

dougie_boi
18-06-09, 10:39 PM
can you post a pic up of said item please