PDA

View Full Version : Carb choices???? Help me urgent

nova dosed
09-02-03, 09:44 PM
If u have read any of me other posts about me rev problem and cutting out after so long i think its due to lack of fueling but ive had an idea.

I was goint o use webber 32/34 carb but i cnt find 1 and brand new there 220 quid i aint paying that.

So what if i use a astra 1.8 carb wud that work? Wud it give it more fueling and what wud i need to fit it to my 1.4sr
come on 1 of ya must know the answer im stuck on this one

cheers

jim sri
09-02-03, 11:41 PM
what size engine you got? keep you eyes on second hand carbs,or get down the breakers and just replace 'like with like'-at least u know it'll bolt straight on no probs, fuelling mixture may need adjustment but thats nothing major.

nova dosed
10-02-03, 12:05 AM
its a 1.4 sr 1990

The same carb wont do i need sumet to delivr more fuel thats the point behind buying a 1.8 carb off an astra what do i need is it just the manifold and carb or just carb or what?

MC
10-02-03, 09:24 AM
Common mistake, a bigger carb isn't used for more fuel, its used for more air. Just by changing the jets on your carb, you could have enough fuel to run a V8, but not enough air as the throttle is narrow.

A bigger carb will give more power, but if its fuel you want, get on a rolling road and have it set up.

As for the 1.8, carb, anything will fit if you do enough work. You'll probably need some heavy customisation of your inlet manifold though.

MC

nova dosed
10-02-03, 06:22 PM
search is over went to a scrap yard to find a carb and he asked why i wanted it. So i told him and he turned round and said i got a brand new webber i cnt shift its urs if u wnt it.
So off i went to look at it and blow me down it was a webber 32/34 dtml carb for a nova i cudnt believe it for 3 weeks ive been after 1 now and i said how much he said

?100 its brand new for fcuk sake and still in its box i nearly collapsed.