PDA

View Full Version : Corsa 1.4 16v

Nobby
16-06-09, 09:30 PM
Hi chaps, ive got my mates Corsa sri 1.4 16v in at work to weld up for the mot. Now he said can i have a look at the sluggishness of it and bogging when booted. IS this a typical AFM problem on these?? I havent had a look yet but that my 1st point of call? Cheers:thumb:

AlexW
16-06-09, 09:32 PM
1.4 16v dont have AFM's.

Check for the EML on and make sure everything in the bay is connected. Mine was boggiing down and being sluggish when the coolant temp sensor was unplugged.

General Baxter
16-06-09, 09:32 PM
it wont have an afm, all 1.4 16v were x14 so it will have a map

Nobby
16-06-09, 09:41 PM
ooo so what sensor is the 1 between the airbox and the inlet manifold?? would it run bad on cold start only when the engines cold??

AlexW
16-06-09, 09:43 PM
The 2 wire one? Thats the Air temp sensor. Some people say they dont make much differance, some say it makes loads of differance lol

Being hard to start when cold could be a few things lol

Nobby
16-06-09, 09:52 PM
so what we reckon then guys? im sure he has changed the cold start could the egr valve do this?

AlexW
16-06-09, 10:06 PM
Spend a fiver and blank the EGR. Well worth it.

As for the bogging down i can only think of the things ive tried with mine. Mine without a coolant sensor was idleing all over the place, and the car was bogging down when reved. And seemed sluggish to rev.

Thats the only thing ive had experiance with.

staggy_gsi
19-06-09, 08:09 PM
does it have a cone filter fitted? because everytime ive heard someone saying this about an x14 they have had a cone filter on. if it has, try fitting a standard airbox and i bet it'll go better. i have found these engines dont always respond well to cone filters, people just fit them because they do sound awesome on the limiter!

novaguy08
20-06-09, 08:02 AM
CTS would cause it to over fuel meaning a bugger to start sometimes and it would be sluggish cos as full throttle it would dump too much fuel in. Try pulling the plugs & if theyre black change that. If not there something else wrong with it, try giving a bloody good service & change the fuel filter along with that.