PDA

View Full Version : flip paint.........

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 09:19 PM
been offered a good spray job, for basically paint costs, as guy owes me big time.

to be honnest i wanna leave the car as it is, the boot and sides have been mopped and its come u pwell nice, if the roof and bonnet was done it wouldnt look too much out of place at shows etc.

just thought about teh respray option.

it WILL be flame red, but i didnt know wether to add anything to it like glittery bits or anything to give it a bit of an "edge" if u like?

thanks
mike

Neil.
09-02-03, 11:50 PM
fooking do it mate, not sure about the glitery bits, never seen a red car with metal flake on it? But if uve got the chance to have a respray then do it, or take my car to be done as it needs it badly!

wisewood
10-02-03, 09:07 AM
glittery bits in the laquer would look pretty cool - but not too practical for every day use as if someone scratches it to be a git it would take yuo ages to sort out.

I would do it though.

burgessovsalford
10-02-03, 10:26 AM
Yeh defo get it sprayed! not sure on what paint type, but even if its just as basic as the standard colour you got at the mo as it will look a lot better & make your car look newer...

locky
10-02-03, 05:45 PM
Go 4 red (obv) but have a gold flip on it, so as the light hits the edges u get a gold twinge! i think itll look well smart!
Not a deep gold flip, just somthing that looks subtle, and refreshing when the light hits it!

ollster
10-02-03, 06:54 PM
Keep it flame red, u have seen mine you know you want to...!

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 03:10 PM
Keep it flame red, u have seen mine you know you want to...!

lol yeah it has been running thorugh my mind 8) A LOT,

but then its a question of loose the viynl or not!?

burgessovsalford
12-02-03, 03:39 PM
That would have to go down to personal taste but...... loose the vinyl loose the vinyl!!! :lol:

ollster
12-02-03, 04:42 PM
loose the vynal, there is more paint to polish then :wink: