PDA

View Full Version : Valver problems

Voodoo
09-02-03, 06:27 PM
Took the valver nova for a test drive yesterday, and had the following problems:

Lumpy idle, going anywhere from about 600 to 1300 rpm, this could be the icv, have not cleaned it yet;

Misfiring/hesitating from 1000 to 2000 rpm, and above 4000 rpm on full throtle. If I accelerate gently, it'll rev normally up to the limiter.

The engine has a KN cone filter, powercap, no ECU codes, new fuel filter, new plugs. Was running fine until a few days ago, when it ran out of fuel. Also, the exhaust center box is on the rotten side, could this have any effect?

Any ideas? :?:

Thanx! :D

mr_tricky
09-02-03, 08:56 PM
check all the sensor connection and sensors mate.leave the engine running and disconnect the plugs 1 at a time and see if it makes any difference.i had a prob with the water temp sensor on the front of the engine giving me the same probs that you have got.

jim sri
09-02-03, 11:47 PM
check that you have set the timing notches exactly correctly-this will also cause rough idling probs/hesitation. wire up the diagnostics to see if any ecu fault codes come up, this will lead you straight to the dodgy sensor if it is a sensor.