PDA

View Full Version : scrappage scheme !

JordyzNova
15-06-09, 10:11 PM
a old boy has a cavalier since new, comes in to my work regular has 2.0 8v cavalier and is goin to scrap it to buy PANDA !!
a few weeks back he has just had new disks and pads new tyres and more stuff, the gaffer says its goin to be scrap so take what you want as long as it will tow ... there is onky one proble m the negin head gasket as gone plus its done 245.000 on the clock.

Pistol Pete
15-06-09, 10:21 PM
Sounds like the scrap yard in the sky is welcome to it TBH lol

Welshy
15-06-09, 10:56 PM
one of my mates said the other day and i quote
'ahhh tha ol scrappag scheem ahhh..... shud be scraped duck'
excuse the spelling, just try and type a broad yorkshire accent lol

Sloth
15-06-09, 10:59 PM
id buy it, do the gasket and transplant it. its a free 2.0 ffs. its got to 245k its good for 400k mate.

wwmnw
15-06-09, 11:08 PM
id buy it, do the gasket and transplant it. its a free 2.0 ffs. its got to 245k its good for 400k mate.

:thumb:

nathan.
15-06-09, 11:14 PM
you can't buy them back once it has been put through the scrappage sceme, they HAVE to be crushed, although you could still strip for parts.

Its quite sickening really that to see that some rare classics are being put through the sceme.

L14MNP
15-06-09, 11:54 PM
Its quite sickening really that to see that some rare classics are being put through the sceme.
and mk3 Cavs that have been to the third moon of Jupiter and back lol

Sloth
16-06-09, 12:10 AM
aye, but when ya read that kia alone have had 3 morris minors, a maxi, a triumph spitfire, and a dolly, and alot of other rare stuff. one dealer helped an old dear sell her hillman rapier instead.

Jack
16-06-09, 08:09 AM
You'd buy a ratty interstellar mileage cav for >£2k? lol

The whole scrappage scheme is horrendously flawed. Give it a couple years when all the dealer servicing bills and credit payments for these new cars have started to mount up and we'll see what these people who traded in older cars think about it. Ah well, as I've always said, it seems a population in debt is good for the economy :roll:

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 11:55 AM
Im scrapping this on the scheme...

3 owners from new, 53k and un weldeded. Sacralidge I know but no one would give a good price and it aint worth 2 grand...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Chris225/01112008025.jpg

Cle
16-06-09, 11:59 AM
Im scrapping this on the scheme...

3 owners from new, 53k and un weldeded. Sacralidge I know but no one would give a good price and it aint worth 2 grand...

you are the devil !!!!!!1:(

MattBrown
16-06-09, 12:01 PM
Pmed about price for it!

Dont scrap it, or if you do, let me rape it, then put funked bits back on it:)

gtachorley
16-06-09, 12:09 PM
Some girl in my work is scrapping some clio she has and buying a brand new one, but she gets it on 5 year finance and ends up paying like 10k, she only earns 12k a year its madness.

Everyone at work has financed cars its the gayest idea ever by the time you finish paying for it its worth like 2.5k.

But its good because if they slag off the Nova I can just say least I own a car you rent one lol

wizzy
16-06-09, 12:13 PM
But its good because if they slag off the Nova I can just say least I own a car you rent one lol

lol :thumb: funk getting it on finance

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 12:23 PM
PMSL at Pm's.

The car was advertised for what I thought was more than a fair price.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113475

I had actually already ordered my new car anyway and was holding out for the sale. Mr. Darling offers the incentive, so I have took it.

Give me 2k for it and its yours and another one saved...

L14MNP
16-06-09, 12:27 PM
Ordering a new FRS dude?

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 12:36 PM
Ordering a new FRS dude?

Ordered October last year. Delivery is iminant:) or so I am told! However been told alot by my delear:(

Cant wait TBH.

Still got another Nova for now:thumb:

Paul
16-06-09, 12:37 PM
PMSL at Pm's.

The car was advertised for what I thought was more than a fair price.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113475

I had actually already ordered my new car anyway and was holding out for the sale. Mr. Darling offers the incentive, so I have took it.

Give me 2k for it and its yours and another one saved...

Good work, I would do the smae thing mate. 2k for a car worth 700 is a good deal no matter what way you look at it.

However I only think this scrappage idea is worth it if you were already thinking of actually buying a new car in the first place.

Andy
16-06-09, 12:45 PM
Its a load of bollocks that only benefits people with money,thus defeating the purpose for what its intended.Lets be honest,unless you are an enthusiast,for what other reason known to man would you have a 654,000 miled,45 previous ownered cavalier for?-because you simply cannot afford a new car-and if you havent the cash for it-loan or finance!!
Forgive me if im mistaken,but isnt that the sort of stuff which caused the recession in the first place?
Id love to meet these fukktards that dream up these ideas.They would make good dartboards or ashtrays etc

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 12:55 PM
Good work, I would do the smae thing mate. 2k for a car worth 700 is a good deal no matter what way you look at it.

However I only think this scrappage idea is worth it if you were already thinking of actually buying a new car in the first place.

I was and so did...

It is a shame, but I dont have the time and space to mess with old cars these days.

Just want to get in 'em and drive 'em:thumb:

Prey
16-06-09, 01:05 PM
The entire scheme is just a gimmic - if youd been buying before it started getting 2k off the price wasnt hard to do anyway...

Plus i think ive read somewhere that the cars cannot be stripped - they have to be scrapped as is with nothing removed etc - anyone confirm?

L14MNP
16-06-09, 01:09 PM
Ordered October last year. Delivery is iminant:) or so I am told! However been told alot by my delear:(

Cant wait TBH.

Still got another Nova for now:thumb:
I meant ordered lol. Nice choice! Hopefully yours won't end up like the green one that had the wheels nicked at the dealership! lol

Plug
16-06-09, 01:13 PM
The car has to be a complete car. It also has to drive under its own steam into the dealership :thumb:

Gashgusher
16-06-09, 01:13 PM
most of them's supposed to be recycled innit? u cant just crush a car these days, gotta separate different materials and fluids etc. bare shell and panels etc would get bean canned, rest of it melted etc. madness.

Plug
16-06-09, 01:16 PM
They arn't recycled they are took from the dealership to a crusher and crushed. Nothing is alowed to be removed.

NovaBoi92
16-06-09, 01:22 PM
correct me if im wrong but the main reason for this scrappage scheme is to get old cars off the road, because new cars are better for the environment. So according to our government, getting old cars off the road and ''saving the environment'' is a higher priority than having tens of thousands of people in debt for a new car. all of this while we're in a resession. crazy

MattBrown
16-06-09, 01:23 PM
No, they are re-cycled, as stated above!

90% of the polution in a car is the manfacture and recycling of the vehicle!

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 02:01 PM
I meant ordered lol. Nice choice! Hopefully yours won't end up like the green one that had the wheels nicked at the dealership! lol

Tell me about it:(

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 02:02 PM
The car has to be a complete car. It also has to drive under its own steam into the dealership :thumb:

Mine has been taxed, insured & MOT'd for the last three years and still is. Shame its only really been driven to the MOT test centre and back:cry:

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 02:20 PM
Inbox emptied now for those who further wish to PM me...

Jack
16-06-09, 02:35 PM
Do you mind me asking how you're paying for the FRS - finance or outright?

correct me if im wrong but the main reason for this scrappage scheme is to get old cars off the road, because new cars are better for the environment. So according to our government, getting old cars off the road and ''saving the environment'' is a higher priority than having tens of thousands of people in debt for a new car. all of this while we're in a resession. crazy
Thats the "popular" reason. Of course the real reason is to attempt to kickstart the economy (remember, citizens in debt = healthy economy; citizens in credit = bad economy. Welcome to Capitalism, comrade!) by having people buy new stuff and help keep the car manufacturers afloat. See my previous comments in other scrappage schemes for how this whole situation is seriously damaging the UK economy and businesses.

Nobby
16-06-09, 09:14 PM
the cavalier in question went today lol minus the brand new discs and pads brand new shock absorbers and a towbar hehe i drove it to the dealers! The temp was off the red all the way - i gave her her last bit of abuse!! hehe drove fine though considering its done 240k!!

Sloth
16-06-09, 09:24 PM
rip mk3 cav.

Mint FRST
16-06-09, 11:17 PM
Do you mind me asking how you're paying for the FRS - finance or outright?

;)

TBH I am putting a very sizeable deposit down, however I also have a very sizeable car allowance as part of my job which covers the rest.

I am keeping my 2001 VW Golf GTI 1.8T as my 'work car' i.e. used daily.

Really happy with the Golf, had it remapped so quick enough but will also return 42 MPG on a good run easily.

dj_wudgey
17-06-09, 10:37 AM
meh this scrapage scheme is a load off bollocks!! old reliable cars go off the road for sh*t unreliable crap keep your old cars people!! there are only 2 new cars worth having astra vxr and corsa vxr!! EVERYTHING else is ****!!

davidfox280585
17-06-09, 11:06 AM
surely the comps arent going with the nova

L14MNP
17-06-09, 11:29 AM
there are only 2 new cars worth having astra vxr and corsa vxr!! EVERYTHING else is ****!!
LMAO! If your beloved Bedford goes to the wall what will you do then mate? lol

dj_wudgey
17-06-09, 12:06 PM

will be f*cked lol

Jack
17-06-09, 01:17 PM
Segway time :D

L14MNP
17-06-09, 01:19 PM
Aren't they banned in this fine democracy of ours?

Jack
17-06-09, 01:45 PM
Apparently not. I had to follow one down the (main!) road a couple months back as the turnip on it refused to move out the way.

L14MNP
17-06-09, 01:49 PM
:D All we have around here are OAP's on theose damned mobility scooters - even on the dual carrigeway! lol