PDA

View Full Version : XE Cam measurements

Mike
15-06-09, 08:15 PM
Righy hoo, minced it up large at Lee's over the weekend, an he kindly borrowed me some XE cams to take some mesaurements from to find out wether there aftermarket or not as im looking to buy them.

Has anyone on here happen to have a vernier caliper & a pair of XE cams they can measure up (standard ones though) an post up the measurements from them.

Im sure Stuart will pop along shortly to tell me how to work out what an where to measure, as TBH i could with help regarding that too lol lol

Stuart
15-06-09, 08:38 PM
measure the non lobey bit (ie the round part) then measure the point to base. subtract the smaller number from the big one and see the lift.

as for duration, you ideally need a 360deg protractor, Vee blocks and a DTI gauge. but to be honest thats overkill lol

Mike
15-06-09, 08:48 PM
Sounds easy enough lol

Stuart
15-06-09, 08:50 PM
even you could do it

Mike
15-06-09, 08:52 PM
So how do you work out the duration Stuart? With a DTI like.

Stuart
15-06-09, 08:57 PM
measure the cam with the DTI, keeping it on the cam, turn it 1degree, write down the degrees and lift, carry on till you get bored off your tits. I tend to measure "zero to zero" and not bother with the base circle.

dont forget that duration is measured in crank degrees and that 2deg of crank = 1 deg of cam (I think lol 50/50)