PDA

View Full Version : respraying

Euan
09-02-03, 03:23 PM
just wondering what you all have paid for a basic respray. i'm looking to get mine done in carmine red again and just curious as to what i'm gonna have to fork out out.

not looking for show car standard or anything just the basic spray.

(i aint capable of doing it maself!!)

Tazzy
09-02-03, 03:44 PM
probably about 400 lizzies upwards!

Wiggie
09-02-03, 04:16 PM
for the whole car your gunna be looking at 400+ (if your lucky)but most of that cost is preperation IE: sanding and priming.as this is alot of labour this is where most of the money goes to. Alot of this can be done by you (your choice) this will take LOADS off, providing they alow you to diviate. i work in a bodyshop, quite a few young lads come in asking for the cheapest respray possible, the obvious answer is to spray it in celulose....for christ sake dont get it sprayed in celulose, it will be flat as fcuk in a week and it lasts about as long as a bash wen you were 14.

Euan
09-02-03, 05:59 PM
just looking for a good standard job. the paint i have is kinda faded and also has lots of nicks stone chips and scratches so thought i'd just be better getting a full spray.

ollster
09-02-03, 06:08 PM
i paid ?1000

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Side.jpg

http://mysite.freeserve.com/Oliver_Hewitt/Front.jpg

Euan
09-02-03, 06:58 PM
looks really good. whats the difference between the ?1000 and the ?400 then?

ollster
09-02-03, 07:17 PM
The qaulity of paint used, mine is done in base coat and laquer so it will never fade, the qaulity of finish, mine looks like a mirror finish etc etc. All of the sills etc. were sprayed, it was a bare shell re-spray.
Also i did a lot of the stripping down and rebuilding of trim bumpers etc. for this job because i like things to fit absolutly perfectly. TBH only spend this kind of money if you want it to e perfect

Tazzy
09-02-03, 08:01 PM
its still best to avoid red as it fades far too easily!

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 09:22 PM
looks really good. whats the difference between the ?1000 and the ?400 then?

last time i was at school ?600 :lol:

Tazzy
10-02-03, 12:07 AM
better paint job perhaps?