PDA

View Full Version : X16XE in a Nova problems

gtachorley
15-06-09, 12:57 AM
Ahhhh!!!

Here is the story of my baby xe.

Took an age to fit as immobilser wouldnt recognise chip(flashing ecu warning light), eventually got it sorted and the car has run for 2 weeks perfectly really quick and started first time every day.

Now on Saturday my first day off been driving the Nova everday to work, decided to tidy the wiring up heat shrunk and taped the loom all neat,disconnected the immobilser and tidied it up but set it exactly how it started (when it ran), and it wont start http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif has original ecu, chip and immobiliser and is exactly as before!!

It tries but its as if there is no fuel just like when the immobilser wasnt being recognised, and thats whatsreally odd the ecu light is constantly on (was when it ran has no egr ect, still runs fine) and even if I move the chip away ecu light stays constant (should flash) any one any ideas???????

Rory

BIGS
15-06-09, 01:04 AM
Ive just fitted a immobilsed ecu to mine. and it took awhile for us to get the chip in the right place. It seems like it dont like to be to close. just keep trying it in different places till you find where it like to be.

AlexW
15-06-09, 01:22 AM
Yer, the imobliser chip has to be in the right place lol

Check all the connections, i had a problem with mine when i had moved it and had a dodgy connection.

gtachorley
15-06-09, 01:49 AM
Yeah gonna have a fanny about tomorrow.

Just dont get it though the Ecu light is constant and it would flash if that was the fault, but stays on even if I take the chip away????

It was sooo good when it ran :cry:

BIGS
15-06-09, 01:51 AM
It will, you can start the car then take the chip away and it will stay running

gtachorley
15-06-09, 02:05 AM
No even if I turn the ignition off and take the chip away then turn the ignition back on it will still stay on instead of flashing.

AlexW
15-06-09, 11:34 AM
Are you sure the wire (which runs from the ecu) isnt earthing out somwhere?

gtachorley
15-06-09, 01:11 PM
Good point, but even if I dont connect the wire for the lightand just use a circuit tester (screw driver with a light in) its constant not flashing this is well doing my tree in cant see whats diffrent!!

AlexW
15-06-09, 02:04 PM
Hang on... The signal wire from the ecu (for the EML) is earth, the ign side comes from the dials.

Will the car start if you turn on the ign and try and start staight away? It could be a buggerd Fuel Pump Relay.

gtachorley
18-06-09, 02:10 AM
Nah none of its working it is just like the immobiliser is on but the light is constant and it doesnt flash, even if the chip is removed cannot work it out??

AlexW
18-06-09, 08:40 AM
If it was a imobliser problem im preety sure it would start and stall like mine.

its somthing else.