PDA

View Full Version : v6 revcounter

Dirtydog1
14-06-09, 11:22 PM
anyone know how to get a v6 rev counter working
im using a c25xe in a mk3 astra van. currently using gsi clocks so the rev counter isnt right. anyone help? :thumb:

vx kev
15-06-09, 09:39 PM
anyone know how to get a v6 rev counter working
im using a c25xe in a mk3 astra van. currently using gsi clocks so the rev counter isnt right. anyone help? :thumb:

You need some sort of resistor put in line on the rev counter wire.
We're currently awaiting delivery of some to put on my m8's V6 Nova and also on a couple of VR6 MK2 Golfs that are having the same probs. Hopefully they will arrive soon and i can let you know what rating they are :thumb:

AlexW
15-06-09, 10:05 PM
Search mig, and also search here. Somthing was posted the other week.

Jack
16-06-09, 08:48 AM
Search on here, the same question has been asked before.

Not sure how a resistor would work, as I was under the impression the rev counter on a Nova measures the number of times the coil fires, so expects 4 pulses. Hence sending a 6 pulse signal to it makes it read wrong. Surely putting a resistor on it will just weaken the pulses, not cut two out?

You can buy a box of tricks for about £30ish that will make a 6 pulse signal suitable for a 4 pulse rev counter. OR, do as I did and just put cav dials in with a V6 rev counter.

[edit] just realised you said astra. Ok, rev counter works the same way, but cav dials might not fit then. Did any astras come with V6's from factory?

loggyboy
16-06-09, 09:28 AM
you need a pulse converter. speak to dom on migweb or try his website picbits.co.uk
i used one of his pulse converters on my vx220 dials to calibrate the speedo, works a treat.

Mazz
16-06-09, 09:47 AM
As above, Dom makes them

http://www.picbits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/168

vx kev
16-06-09, 07:47 PM
Search on here, the same question has been asked before.

Not sure how a resistor would work, as I was under the impression the rev counter on a Nova measures the number of times the coil fires, so expects 4 pulses. Hence sending a 6 pulse signal to it makes it read wrong. Surely putting a resistor on it will just weaken the pulses, not cut two out?

Theres plenty of different ways to solve different problems as long as you have the right stuff! I see what your saying but it hey ho we'll see what happens.....

astraluke
16-06-09, 10:21 PM
Cav v6 dials will fit straight into an astra, dont get v6 and turbo dials mixed up, also shows your speed upto 160mph not 140 :thumb: