PDA

View Full Version : broken glass

scotte
09-02-03, 10:52 AM
some1 thought they would smash the rear quarter glass on my gsi last night to break in when they realised it has no door pins they just smashed the back window as well pushed the seats forward and realised i had no subs and amps .so now i got 2 broken windows as well as a driveshaft they wont go back in the gearbox.i can change the front quarter light easy but how hard is it to change the rear heate dwindow ???

mowgli
09-02-03, 12:14 PM
Your insurance should cover the job, except for an excess payment.

Alternatively, get some from a breaker, and look in your local yellow pages for an independant glass company and get a quote (Tractor & plant glass people will fit just about anything to anything)

Driveshafts are easy, just line up the splines by rotating the wheel, and push hard.

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 08:53 PM
Alternatively, get some from a breaker,

most annoying part about that though is having a different rego etched on different windows!

V dodgy to the police also!

next door neighbours car got stolen, and the plates were changed, the police noticed the glass was all the wrong reg and clamped it impounded it and managed to return it!

on the similar note though, i have the tailgate from my old car with the old registration so a living memory lives on :lol: 8) kinda funny