PDA

View Full Version : my digi dash trouble

Huffy
13-06-09, 09:01 PM
Hello can any one help me with my astra gte digi dash ive got a mk1 nova with a mk2 loom in because ive put a mk2 dash in a guy off here named darcy fitted it for me it was working fine but now the speedo and rev counter have stopped coming on only the lights at the bottom come on and stay on like the hand brake, indicators, etc ive put another digi dash in and when i turn the ignition on the speedo and rev counter come on and it does the 0-288 then it goes off again ive checked the wires, and fuses both seem to be fine any ideas or pointers would be most helpful

thanks Andy (huffy) :thumb:

bmw156
13-06-09, 09:03 PM
put your digidash into someones car who you know is working and then you will knoiw if its the digi or the car..
and go from there

Novaboi_1991
13-06-09, 09:04 PM
shine a torch onto the display when its doing the test thing, 0-288,

if its working, somehow its shorted and blown ya bulbs, mine did this.

EDIT - just read the whle thing., strange

AlexW
13-06-09, 10:13 PM
Dodgy connection on the wiring, dodgy connection on the blubs or buggerd blubs ( i had similar on a dash that would come on when you first tried but not again) Does seem weird how you have tried 2 tho.

Huffy
14-06-09, 08:12 AM
ye i mean ive tried the two of them and im left scratchen my head i mite see if i can pic up another digi cheap and try that. you know if you take one apart (digi dash) would that do somthing do you think ive taken them both apart you see and put the milage back to what mine was but it did work tho when the lad wired the first one in. ive tried to get in touch with the lad but no answer.

Huffy
03-07-09, 06:58 PM
ive finally got round to sorting it one of the earths had came lose cheers for the advice :thumb:

bigdan1
04-07-09, 12:25 PM
ive taken them both apart you see and put the milage back to what mine was .

how did u do this mate because i want to put my milage back on my digi dash?
pm if better mate cheers

Huffy
04-07-09, 07:24 PM
how did u do this mate because i want to put my milage back on my digi dash?
pm if better mate cheers

ive taken two apart and put the milage back to 36 odd K i just unscrewed the whole thing remembered what went were didnt bothere winding the clock back because that would that forever just used my thumbs and clicked them numbers back bit tricky like because they dont wanna go back wards and if you skip your number youve got to go back round

sorry im sh1t at explaining stuff hope that helps mate :thumb:

bigdan1
05-07-09, 11:31 AM
ive taken two apart and put the milage back to 36 odd K i just unscrewed the whole thing remembered what went were didnt bothere winding the clock back because that would that forever just used my thumbs and clicked them numbers back bit tricky like because they dont wanna go back wards and if you skip your number youve got to go back round

sorry im sh1t at explaining stuff hope that helps mate :thumb:

noo thats all gd mate ill have a blast later as i dont really want to be driving round with 86k on my clock when my novas only done 40 :D

cheers mate :thumb:

Huffy
05-07-09, 03:03 PM
No probs mate