PDA

View Full Version : corsa bits into nova what goes in

tarmacghost
13-06-09, 07:27 PM
ok vauxhall gurus

having realy only messed with fords for 20 odd yrs my son now has a corsa on the road

butr i managed to pick up a G reg nova 1.0, i have everything from a 1.2 P plate corsa except feul tank and want to know if the engine/box will fit

nova is 4sp corsa box is 5 spd, will the nova selector do?

will the 3 door corsa tank fit the 3 door nova?

will the corsa hubs ect fit ?

more questions to follow :D

scottie

AlexW
13-06-09, 10:10 PM
As long as the corsa dosnt have ABS the hubs will fit.

Engine and gearbox will fit, but you will need to find a 1.2 (or higer engine) offside engine mount due to the 1.0 being different.

Gearstick will work but you will have to cut off a little tab on the gearstick under the gator.

Tank is unfortanly different, a nova 1.2 spi tank and pump will be easy to find (stick up a wanted post in the correct section)

PS, Welcome to PNG.

Damo
14-06-09, 09:39 AM
most things really except for the rear axle, fuel tank driveshafts etc but as alex said the hubs wont fit if the car has abs fitted.

welcome to the PNG:thumb:

damen

Graeme
14-06-09, 09:46 AM
After twenty mis-spent years, welcome to png, unfortunately my corsa b knowledge is not great

tarmacghost
14-06-09, 12:43 PM
thanks for the replys

is it the engine mount or the bracket i need?

AlexW
14-06-09, 01:18 PM
The metal bracket that bolts onto the engine.

Pistol Pete
14-06-09, 01:31 PM
OP was looking to buy a bracket off me. Is it the top right he needs? lol thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/IMGP0784.jpg

AlexW
14-06-09, 02:15 PM
Pete its the middle right one. That one is the gearbox (Near side) one. Or is it? lol

tarmacghost
14-06-09, 03:46 PM
ok

to complicate things even more has anyone got a picture of a spi tank?

word got around that i had aquired a nova and ive ended up with another 3 door shell K plate 1.2 its got brand new GM doors unpainted and new wings and the tank still in it which is what i realy wanted :thumb:

but need to know what the difference with mpi and spi is

Pistol Pete
14-06-09, 04:15 PM
The spi tank should be fine to run your engine. I think lol I'm sure spmeone with more knowledge will be able to answer you.

Lee
14-06-09, 05:20 PM
An SPi tank will have an internal pump accessed through the removeable bung under the rear bench. An MPi tank has an internal 'swirl pot' (techically, its just a baffle) and an external pump.

Good luck getting the doors off. That is by far the worst job you can do on a Nova :( Getting a door removal tool from an autofactors is a must, and then so long as the pins haven't welded themselves in (on the k plate, you should be ok, but on the 1.0 you will probably find out the reason for my previous statement lol) you will have a much better chance.

If if the engine is still in the K plate 1.2 doner, steal the engine mount from that :)

On a lighter note, put the MK 2 dash from the k plate in it as well if you were given that too, as MK1 dashboards are probably the root of all evil. Theres a guide int he articles section on how to do it :)

You wont need to swap the hubs from the corsa to the Nova. the nova ones will do just fine, and you retain the nova driveshafts as well.

Should be an easy peasy swap if you were a Ford boy. The vauxhall designers were far more symapthetic than those assholes at Dagenham lol

AlexW
14-06-09, 07:42 PM
lol Nailed it in one lee.

PS tarmacghost - Where are you from?

tarmacghost
14-06-09, 09:27 PM
lol Nailed it in one lee.

PS tarmacghost - Where are you from?

im near glasgow

the shell im picking up has no engine and the mount i need was binned with the engine :confused:

the rest of the shell looked good :thumb:

looks like i might need to but all the brackets on sale or return lol

AlexW
14-06-09, 10:07 PM
Ah right.

Mount wont be hard to find!

tarmacghost
15-06-09, 11:36 AM
picked the shell up this morning and now i dont know what to do

shell looks far too good to cut up, its had a couple bits of welding and has been totally undersealed new doors just fitted with new pins to move the car, new front wings, today is the first time its been wet in 6 yrs :roll:

think i will get the 1.0 on the road and source the missing bits for the shell and put the corsa engine in that

looks like the mount i need is lying next to the battery

will get some pics up shortly

AlexW
15-06-09, 11:40 AM
Nice, save it from the crusher dude. Maybe you could get the 1.0 on the road and then fix the new shell and sell the 1.0.

Im sure it wont be hard for you to find the bits for it.

PS: You cant post pics untill you have 15 spam free posts, which isnt hard :)

tarmacghost
15-06-09, 11:52 AM
PS: You cant post pics untill you have 15 spam free posts, which isnt hard :)

oh really lol

thing is neither of them are for me there for my son who has a corsa at the moment, im just doing the bodywork on my hot rod after being at it for 7 yrs :roll:

AlexW
15-06-09, 12:11 PM
lol Seen the light and ditched the corsa? lol

7years? A 7 year project? Thats longer than some on here! lol

let_nova
15-06-09, 12:58 PM
pmd mate

tarmacghost
16-06-09, 08:41 AM
things are getting silly now :roll:

im now just going to pick up another nova shell :eek:

this one has a 2.0 in it but i have to remove and return it, really only need the front and rear screens and all the door inners for the k plate shell i got

hopefully this is nearly post 15 then i can post some pics of my nova garden lol

AlexW
16-06-09, 08:44 AM
lol just strip it and sell the shell if its not totaly rotten.