PDA

View Full Version : FORMULA BROOKES GOODWOOD TRACKDAY

CraigD
08-02-03, 09:12 PM
Hi all,
We are looking at running our second trackday in the week begining 28th April. Not sure about the exact day. It will be open to all, and the price will be about ?60. We need to know numbers so that we can be sure we will fill the day before booking it.

What do people think? We need to know soon so that we can get the ball rolling. Does anyone have preference on a particular day.

Charles came to our 1st day, im sure he'll vouch for how good it was.

You can email us at info@formulabrookes.co.uk
or have a look at our website, http://www.formulabrookes.co.uk

Cheers
Craig Dawson
Formula Brookes President

(PS Had put it in the events pages but noone seems to have looked at it, so thought i would try it here.)

CP
08-02-03, 10:42 PM
I can vouch for this day out. At ?60 ish its excellent value - most track days are well over a hundred notes these days.
The people are very friendly and the whole atmosphere is informal and relaxed.
The circuit is sweeping and fast and not too technical - if you have a 2.0l 16v you'll be pulling 130mph plus down the longest straight.
If you haven't tried a track day you should cos its a lot easier and a lot less intimidating than you might think and as Craig illustrated at the last day its not so much what you drive as how you drive that counts.

CraigD
13-02-03, 10:15 PM
Ello,
Thank you for your praise mate. Hopefully i will be bringing something a little bit more exiciting to the next one. Still have a few provisional places left, so if you do want to come best get in soon. We are probably looking at the Wednesday of that week. We should know for sure in the next couple of days.

Another good reason to go is to see Charles Nova if you havent seen it before, (as long as you can come mate) cos the site and mainly sound of it is great.

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

Craig

courtenaynova
14-02-03, 11:35 PM
Im well up for the track day......And I know a few other too..Im sure Mike Oxford will take his beastie for a blast..but I dont know if Marc Russel will.

Austin_Nova16
15-02-03, 12:38 AM
I'm deffo going again! :D

CraigD
16-02-03, 09:45 PM
For a little while there i was worried. I though that no one from Novaload was wanting to come and enjoy their cars. I have added you to the list Rob. Let me know if any others want to go, still have about 12 provisional places left. Could do knowing soon

Cheers
Craig

CraigD
26-03-03, 03:05 PM
Hi all, sorry for the delay on letting people know about this. We have had a few problems as all the tracks in the country have put there prices up rather a lot, and it has made trying to organise this day very difficult. We have managed to get something together now though.

We are proposing running the day on the 16th May at Goodwood. The cost is going to be ?90. I know this is a bit more than we orginally thought, but it is the absolute cheapest we can do it.

I have to book the day in the next week if we want it, so could people please let me know ASAP if they still want to do it. The format etc will be as before.

The noise limit will be 98dB, unfortunatly a 108 day just isnt fesible, mainly cos we could only run 5 cars on track at a time.

Well, please get back to me quickley, places should fill up soon.

Many thanks for all the support.

Craig