PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Mk1 Dash Air Vents

G-nova
13-06-09, 03:08 AM
I Have A Mk1 Nova Merit And The Side Vents Are Blanked Off With Plastic. Can I Get The Vents From A Gte Or Other Model?

also i was woundering about the cigg lighter as this is also blanked off, will i be able to source this aswell ?

Rob
13-06-09, 09:33 PM
can i have your blanks as i,m missing one

Adam*D
14-06-09, 12:30 AM
I have these still for sale mate, you can remove them all yourself so you get exactly what you need and I'm only in Hartlepool ;)

G-nova
15-06-09, 01:58 PM
I have these still for sale mate, you can remove them all yourself so you get exactly what you need and I'm only in Hartlepool ;)

i have no transport mate so are u able to post the stuff?

G-nova
15-06-09, 01:59 PM
can i have your blanks as i,m missing one

if i can get the vents you are welcome to the blanking plates

G-nova
01-07-09, 05:25 PM
Still After Some If Any Has Them Let Me Know :)

G-nova
17-07-09, 11:43 PM
dose anyone have any of these i have seen them on loads of nova's on this site check it out its prob the best nova site ever!

http://www.opel-corsa-a.com/index.php check the model's spec's

dont forget i want a set cash waiting

novarally
18-07-09, 05:36 PM
I've got the vents for a Mk.1 dash, please e-mail;

colinesmith@aol.com

G-nova
19-07-09, 10:31 PM
I've got the vents for a Mk.1 dash, please e-mail;

colinesmith@aol.com

emailed

John
19-07-09, 10:33 PM
If you've got blanking plates, you might need the ducting behind the dash too.

G-nova
19-07-09, 10:35 PM
have you got that 2?

Mcgowan
19-07-09, 11:56 PM
You won't be able to put vents into your dash if it came without - you'll need a higher spec dash with the vents already in as the holder things are plasticwelded onto the dash you also need the ducting pipes from the heater matrix, iirc

Either that or they just won't function:thumb:

G-nova
20-07-09, 12:01 AM
so i will need an sr dash how easy is it to get hold of and swop over? as im wantin a cigg lighter and clock as well will i have wireing for them in my 1.2 merit or will i need to wire in my self thanks

Mcgowan
20-07-09, 12:15 AM
so i will need an sr dash how easy is it to get hold of and swop over? as im wantin a cigg lighter and clock as well will i have wireing for them in my 1.2 merit or will i need to wire in my self thanks

You can get higher spec 1.2 dashes with the vents and clocks but SR's are cool as they have lights in the ashtray and glovebox aswell as the ciggarette lighter clock and vents that you wanted.
When i put one into my 1.0 pov spec all of the wires were already there, their just taped to the loom in black fabric tape don't undo the entire loom thoughlol but i'm not sure about a 1.2 i'd guess it'd be the same but the only way is to ask or have a look yourself
I found taking the dash out pretty straight forward but don't forget you'll need to remove your steering wheel:thumb:
They should be pretty cheap though an you never know someone may even have a free one for ya;)

Mcgowan
20-07-09, 12:30 AM
Here's my old dash ipainted it black and thought it looked pretty smart, It is an SR one but i put the blankers back on if you look closely you'll see they don't fit properly because of the adjuster underneath and you can just see it on the otherside (sorry but i can't find a pic to show you anywhere!), this is the bit you really need but it doesn't come off hence needing the whole dash!http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/Boris_08/SDC10249-1.jpg

G-nova
20-07-09, 12:42 AM
thanks for the info mate well needed

Mcgowan
20-07-09, 12:48 AM
A haynes manual will help you alot and don't forget to ask for a complete dash otherwise no doubt it'll just be the basic shell with all the bits you want missing:thumb:

griffin mad
20-07-09, 01:21 AM
i dint when i bought the car ripped it out and put a grey job bk in and an xe lol , ill look to see if any of the bits of vents i have surplus can help you out m8

Mcgowan
20-07-09, 01:26 AM
i dint when i bought the car ripped it out and put a grey job bk in and an xe lol , ill look to see if any of the bits of vents i have surplus can help you out m8

lol ah well!lol
Seen some pics of it at Billing sat on cav slabs looks well:thumb:

G-nova
20-07-09, 01:44 AM

thanks mate

griffin mad
20-07-09, 01:48 AM
o wher you sin them m8 id like a peak n thanks im sick of people sayin its old n sheddy even the 14.5 1/4 mile dunt get me any respect lol

Mcgowan
20-07-09, 01:55 AM
o wher you sin them m8 id like a peak n thanks im sick of people sayin its old n sheddy even the 14.5 1/4 mile dunt get me any respect lol
I'll put them in a thread in general chat for ya there's only two though:thumb:

griffin mad
21-07-09, 02:27 AM
rite got the parts that sandwich between the ducting and dash , so ud need ducting , heater box - but think they will modify(blanced of where ducting will atach) and the vent faces them selves so pm if these can be of use to you , thanks