PDA

View Full Version : Buying a reg from dvla

L33 LEG
12-06-09, 08:12 PM
been 7 years since i bought my plate so forgot what is needed but basically im buying a reg next week hopefully for my other car. what do they need exactly and how long does it take for them to send me the tax disc? is there any way i can go down to the office to speed things up.

the V5 isnt in my name, but the new keeper bit is, does this matter? any info would be appreciated...just want it quick and smooth :wtf:

edit : just thought, once you've bought the plate, do they just send you that form and you put it on the car in your own time, ie. take the form down to the office and sort it out there and then just like a plate on retention?

RJM25R
12-06-09, 08:59 PM
They send you the reg on a retention document, and you take it to your local DVLA office, where they swap your tax disc on the spot, then you can have plate made and put it on your car.

L33 LEG
13-06-09, 02:30 AM
i had a quick read of it and i think it says that if the car isnt in your name you can use the new keeper slip, however if it has been stamped by a dvla office you cant use it. i got mine stamped last week by the post office last week for tax so im guessing il have to send off for a new logbook first :( il get it posted in the morning, hopefully will only be a few a weeks wait.