PDA

View Full Version : Cossie Back in F1 (and reecruiting apparently!)

Gashgusher
12-06-09, 07:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8097494.stm

dhdev (Oli)
12-06-09, 07:38 PM
That Sierra cossie looks :cool:

Good news that they're back in F1 :D

peester
12-06-09, 08:34 PM
cosseh

Nobby
12-06-09, 08:36 PM
sweeet

Rick Draper
12-06-09, 08:36 PM
Means ****all really. When was the last time they won a GP? Times have moved on and powering three **** F1 teams really is not much to shout about.

Stuart
12-06-09, 08:43 PM
I think I've turned down work there 5 times so far lol

Dod
12-06-09, 09:09 PM
/\ GAY!!!

I'd happily commute there from here once a week!!

Stuart
12-06-09, 09:18 PM
/\ GAY!!!

I'd happily commute there from here once a week!!

not for shag all pay and epic hours. While a job has to be fun, its also got to be worth my time and leave me spare time to enjoy the cash :D

mowgli
12-06-09, 09:39 PM
last cosworth victory was Stewart wasn't it?????

the 18000rpm limit means the engine they had in the williams a couple of years ago will be a good base for next years one.

so the FIA apparently were going to check up the 'new' teams total package & decide if they could really make an f1 car within the time frame..... so then they threw out Prodrive???...... and took on USGP (not that bernie is desperate to crack the us market) Manor F1(who are pretty much ressurecting SIMTEK and Nick Wirth has done a lot of research work for the FIA) and Campos - WHO????......

I bet Farce India are pissing themselves with the thought of not actually being at the back of the grid for each race from now on........

Dod
12-06-09, 09:41 PM
not for shag all pay and epic hours. While a job has to be fun, its also got to be worth my time and leave me spare time to enjoy the cash :D

Can you elaberate on Shag all pay?

mowgli
12-06-09, 09:44 PM
Can you elaberate on Shag all pay?

the basic concept is that loads of people work at places like Cosworth for the prestige of actually being able to tell people that they work at cosworth, and not for the wages

Dod
12-06-09, 09:53 PM
See I wouldnt mind that as long as the pay was fair. I've approached a local well reputed Rally Car Builder and asked him to put me thought my Mechanic's apprentiship and told him as long as I got a fair wage I'd gladly work there. Fingers crossed.

Stuart
12-06-09, 09:57 PM
the basic concept is that loads of people work at places like Cosworth for the prestige of actually being able to tell people that they work at cosworth, and not for the wages

thats how it works, unless you are technical director.

the stuff they "offered" me was only £25K a year. Frankly not enough given that they WILL work you 60+hrs a week for no extra money or time off, one offer was 40K but it still wasnt enough to get me away from where I was/am lol
My mate with a phd in aerodynamics had a job with Williams setting up their wind tunnel a few years back. He was paid £19K a year and had to ask permission for weekends off atleast 3 weeks in advance (bear in mind he wasnt contracted to work weekends). worked out to an hourly rate it was less than minimum wage lol