PDA

View Full Version : What Colour injectors do C/20XE's run?

Dod
12-06-09, 04:58 PM
As above, some of mine are yellow and some are a Blue and Purple colour.

Lee
12-06-09, 04:59 PM
Creams are standard.

You wont need yellows unless you venture over the 200bhp mark.

I cant remeber for the life of me what blues are?

Dod
12-06-09, 05:08 PM
OOOOhhhhhh-k. Should I remove the yellows then and replace them and if so, what are the best to use?

Lee
12-06-09, 05:11 PM
If the engine is standard, definatley remove the yellows or it will overfuel like feck. Get some creams if you can.

Unless someone can enlighten us what blues are?

djbrowney
12-06-09, 05:12 PM
cream injectors are for the dizzy set up with a 2.5 bar reg
blue injectors are for dis set up with a 3.0 bar reg

iirc hope that help mate

Lee
12-06-09, 05:13 PM
Have a massive dollop of Rep :)

Dod
12-06-09, 05:14 PM
x2. I love you. XXXXX

Dod
25-06-09, 09:27 PM
Ok, will the Distributar Loom and ECU work alright with the blue injectors?

djbrowney
25-06-09, 09:35 PM
yes it will work but idealy wants a set of cream injectors, what regulator you going to use ???

Will F
25-06-09, 09:40 PM
makes no diff what injectors/reg you use, but for info, if you have both sets - fit the creams and sell the blues on ebay - they make good money due to the TB applications using them (SBD etc)

I have run an early XE on blues with a 2.5 bar reg and vice versa and all is well... the blues have a better spray pattern (hence the TB chaps loving them) but on a std lump = no difference;)

djbrowney
25-06-09, 09:43 PM
makes no diff what injectors/reg you use, but for info, if you have both sets - fit the creams and sell the blues on ebay - they make good money due to the TB applications using them (SBD etc)

I have run an early XE on blues with a 2.5 bar reg and vice versa and all is well... the blues have a better spray pattern (hence the TB chaps loving them) but on a std lump = no difference;)

if there is no differnce why did vauxhall change from the creams to the blues, they didnt do it for the hell of it im sure :tard:

Will F
25-06-09, 10:11 PM
if there is no differnce why did vauxhall change from the creams to the blues, they didnt do it for the hell of it im sure :tard:

The entire management system is different - so of course there is a difference!?

What I meant was that in terms of a std XE you can chop and change the regs/injectors and it will make no difference!

I am sure that the blues and the 3 bar reg make the later LN XEJ engines more economical and lowered emmissions and were indeed 147bhp from the factory apparently, meaning that power had been sacrificed in the name of economy....

What are you meaning? Fit a 3 bar reg and blues and get more bhp??:tard:

Dod
25-06-09, 10:35 PM
Only thing is I need them to run my car asap, so I dont really have time to flog them and then get a set of replacements. But as long as they work, happy days. Love to all!!

GRUNT 16V
26-06-09, 10:36 AM
i sold my blues and had to send them to america!!! and made £71.oo ex p&p