PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

TaiTers
08-02-03, 03:43 AM
Ive put sort of body kit on me car, and spotlights (mainly for the winter and I work in the middle of nowhere. What should I do now?

I was considering taking the stripe off the side and debadging / delocking.

BTW its a 1.2i Luxe (leccy windows, central locking) I bought for ?800 last year (with 80,000 miles on it)

The only things Ive done inside is CD Player, Kenwood / Sony Speakers, 12" sub, and changed the steering wheel to a Astra GTE one, oh and rear head rests. Im stumped help! :cry:

and yes the ariel is going, it was cheap and I was getting sick of cds :lol:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sean.ramsey/Forums/Car1.jpg

TaiTers
08-02-03, 03:44 AM
By the way hi all :D

Anton
08-02-03, 07:26 AM
remove side strip
new 15inch wheels
clear side repeaters
totally debadge

TaiTers
08-02-03, 07:42 AM
cheers m8, what about the vauxhall badge on the bonnet?

If the weather is good today I'll take them strips off, someone said a hairdryer is the best to use. Ive already bought the paint/primer/laquer, just a case of getting em off then :wink:

locky
08-02-03, 10:50 AM
As for the badge on the bonnet, if ya wanna keep a badge there, y not go 4 a chrome looking badge! they r nice!

Sidestrips - i used hot water, and peeled it slowly, then, bought a fudge wheel, (a round rubber block that goes into the drill and smells of fudge yum!) and used that to rub off the excess foam!
a bit of t-cut n polish and it may come out ok! btw, u may still be able 2 see where the lines wer, as it would have faded!
HTH

TaiTers
08-02-03, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it'll take a few coats, the skirts had 2 coats, and they need another as soon as Mr Sunshine appears again.

Cheers for the reply :)

Anton
08-02-03, 06:25 PM
As for the badge on the bonnet, if ya wanna keep a badge there, y not go 4 a chrome looking badge! they r nice!

Sidestrips - i used hot water, and peeled it slowly, then, bought a fudge wheel, (a round rubber block that goes into the drill and smells of fudge yum!) and used that to rub off the excess foam!
a bit of t-cut n polish and it may come out ok! btw, u may still be able 2 see where the lines wer, as it would have faded!
HTH

I used my finger nails and t cut lol

weegaz22
09-02-03, 08:12 PM
remove the strips,
clear side repeaters
lower it about 60mm
get small projector spot lights and recess them into the bumper
debadge it

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 09:15 PM
what splitter is that on the bottom of the bumper?

tis a bit different. never seen it before.................

Chris LR
10-02-03, 07:00 PM
Turn it into a Rally Beast with spotlights the size of pizzas pointing in every direction.

Or join me in Standard Corner.

Wiggie
12-02-03, 08:37 PM
lol im not having a dig, but you like your standard Approach dont ya! lol iv seen that on almost all your posts at some point.

Anton
12-02-03, 11:23 PM
standard is crap. maybe in like a few years when there are some concourse novas about, but not now :)

Chris LR
12-02-03, 11:28 PM
There is more skill in repairing a Standard car, than slapping any bodykit, spoiler, exhaust on.

Standard is not crap.

?Marty?
12-02-03, 11:40 PM
Standard IS crap. It's just 'not doing anything' for whatever reason, but pretending it's out of choice.

Fair enough if it's something that's a bit of a classic icon, but a Nova is not that.

And no, there is not more skill in repairing a standard car. As with a modified car, you do THAT and then you do MORE. Hence MORE skill.

Chris LR
12-02-03, 11:43 PM
Fine

ollster
13-02-03, 12:01 AM
Now then children why don?t you comprise at the subtle approach!

mikeoxford
13-02-03, 10:24 AM
:lol: :micky: :wisewood: :eggface:

SMILE!

dont throw all your toys out of your pram now ladydees

TaiTers
14-02-03, 06:16 PM
what splitter is that on the bottom of the bumper?

tis a bit different. never seen it before.................

I got the whole bodykit off the my brother in law, off an SRi I think, but the front splitter was wreaked where it had been "cut off with a circular saw instead of unscrewed" :roll: so I managed to attach it upside down, I didn't think it looked too silly. I had to rivit the side panels on and the rear spoiler was a laugh. It didn't take into account the rear window washer so I had to cut a groove in it.

Mind you the bodykit was free, so I thought what the hell, sprayed the bumpers so they matched the Nova and thats it. Phew :)

Chris LR
17-02-03, 12:38 AM
I Like what I like.

You Like what you like.

Deal?

Jim
17-02-03, 01:02 PM
Get some 15's and drop it -60mm for a start.

Depends how much cash you have to spend with regards to what you want to do to it.

Jim