PDA

View Full Version : Police auctions

nova danny1
12-06-09, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know where they do police auctions or if they still even do these that sell stolen recovered cars and motorbikes and cars that have been seized for no insureance etc. I'm needing ones in south yorkshire.
your help would be much appreciated,Thanks:thumb:

Plug
12-06-09, 01:02 PM
Best bet would be to pop into the local copshop and ask them.
I think now they will most prob be crushed now if there over 10 year's old

thedjse
12-06-09, 01:30 PM
I am after knowing where these police auctions are

napalm_27
12-06-09, 01:32 PM
they dont crush them as they reclaim towing fee's by selling them
best bet is google it

Southie
12-06-09, 01:33 PM
You may find some information here. CLICKY (http://www.policeauctionsuk.co.uk/police_links/police_uk.html)

nova danny1
12-06-09, 04:56 PM
You may find some information here. CLICKY (http://www.policeauctionsuk.co.uk/police_links/police_uk.html)

Not much on there about them might just be better off doing what GSI Jimbo said and tring local copshop.

Southie
12-06-09, 04:57 PM
Oh well worth a try.

Mike
12-06-09, 04:59 PM
They only hold 3 a year, in 3 locations in the UK, one of which is Shrewsbury (My local one) it may have changed now but i doubt it TBH.

I went years ago, had masses of Transit vans, BMW's, speed boats, a pair of Helicopters an general carp like that.

ianglanister
12-06-09, 05:01 PM
i will ask when at the headquarters for training. or will have a word with a few lads currently in the force.

Mike
12-06-09, 05:03 PM
The average bobby doesnt know sh1t about it chap, they have no need to, its the Proceeds of Crime guys you need to speak to ;)

ben doodar
12-06-09, 05:36 PM
they dont crush them as they reclaim towing fee's by selling them
best bet is google it

my brother had a mk2 golf gti taken off him for having no tax mot or insurance, 2 weeks later it was on ebay being broke for parts.
personally i hate the police, just thought id share that with you.

let_nova
12-06-09, 05:39 PM
my brother had a mk2 golf gti taken off him for having no tax mot or insurance, 2 weeks later it was on ebay being broke for parts.
personally i hate the police, just thought id share that with you.

you hate them because of that? his fault for being a knob and driving with no insurance.:mad:

ben doodar
13-06-09, 02:18 PM
you hate them because of that? his fault for being a knob and driving with no insurance.:mad:

i never said i hate the police for taking the car off my brother,
fair game for taking the car, totally his own fault. but i never said thats the sole reason i dont like them. did i??
there are plenty of reasons why i hate the police, they are more twisted than alot of people out there. if you are un aware of this then you are clearly very neive, and never had much to do with them.

Welshy
13-06-09, 02:25 PM
Not much on there about them might just be better off doing what GSI Jimbo said and tring local copshop.
try the one in ecclesfield mate, theyll know because its the training base aswell

Ben
13-06-09, 04:21 PM
You have asked for two different things, stolen recoverds are nothing to do with the police as when the insurance pays out on the car they then own it, hence if it gets recovered then the insurance company dispose of it through people like copart, dhales, hewitts etc etc.

What the police deal with in there auctions is things like non insured seizures and proceeds of crime so things like drug dealers assets. Quite a lot of these just get put through general car auctions in most city's have seen police seizure cars going through Manhiem and BCA auctions just to name a few. As these are non recorded cars there is no problem with selling them straight. But i also know people with contacts in the veichle crime squad and buy cars direct from them with no auction involved at all.

The annual sales which others have mentioned is usually for the ****e that no one else wants or they cant sale.

muzzy
13-06-09, 05:00 PM
Stolen recovered and insurance seizures tend to get taken away by a breakers yard here or just streight to the scrap man depending on age and condition of the car. None go to Police auctions.

Reason being that local recovery companies have the contract for accidents, seizures etc so they make most of the money through sending the car to scrap.

Mcgowan
13-06-09, 09:31 PM
I thought police auctions were just stuff like ex police cars and equipment??

Jack
13-06-09, 11:19 PM
Police auctions, pah. You want the website the MOD use to sell off all their old kit.

Saw a Harrier chassis on there, only things missing was engine and avionics, all the rest was there. £70k lol

Even seen an RFA ship for sale on there!

wizzy
13-06-09, 11:21 PM
You want the website the MOD use to sell off all their old kit.

got a link?? :D

Jack
13-06-09, 11:22 PM
Can't remember it :( found it at work once via a long string of links through the defence intranet

wizzy
13-06-09, 11:23 PM
Can't remember it :( found it at work once via a long string of links through the defence intranet

damn would be a good site too look through :roll:

adam c
14-06-09, 10:28 AM
http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAuctionPro.asp :)

If thats any use?