PDA

View Full Version : Are MOT Retests free ?

Bobminda
11-06-09, 07:13 PM
My Cooper S failed the MOT today on front brake discs, Just for the parts they wanted £92 for pads and £112 for discs !!!

So going to take a trip to my local autofactors tomorrow

But my question to you is can they charge me £25 for a retest ??

I've always thought they were Free:confused:

Rich
11-06-09, 07:14 PM
Should be free as long as its back within 7 working days

wizzy
11-06-09, 07:19 PM
not really sometimes the price is half priced but as rich said sometimes they are free

Rich
11-06-09, 07:20 PM
oh right wasnt sure on that, i know at my place its free

Asa-James
11-06-09, 07:21 PM
it all depends on the garage. if you check on your fail sheet it will say on the bottom something along the lines of
" if the car is left at the station for repairs and retested within 10 days a partial retest fee MAY be charged
if the car is removed from the station for work and returned within 10 days a partial retest fee WILL be charged"

Jack
11-06-09, 07:22 PM
http://mottesting.org.uk/mot-retest-information-fail.html

deanwilko
11-06-09, 07:22 PM
ours are free within ten working days

novaguy08
11-06-09, 07:23 PM
read the failure sheet.

1. If it stays there to be repaired, it would more then likley be free.

2. If it is taken off site to be repaired then they are well within their rights to charge you a re-test fee!

Mainly free re-tests in the motor trade. but if you know the guy who does it then its usually all gravy!

also why the hell have you got a cooper s??? before you say its great it aint! like a little plastic tinker toy! I know i almost broke a dozen bits on a flippin 20 min drive of one!

Bobminda
11-06-09, 07:28 PM
Cheers guys,

I think i'll save the cost of the retest by driving it away and doing the bits myself.

Bobminda
11-06-09, 07:37 PM
read the failure sheet.

1. If it stays there to be repaired, it would more then likley be free.

2. If it is taken off site to be repaired then they are well within their rights to charge you a re-test fee!

Mainly free re-tests in the motor trade. but if you know the guy who does it then its usually all gravy!

also why the hell have you got a cooper s??? before you say its great it aint! like a little plastic tinker toy! I know i almost broke a dozen bits on a flippin 20 min drive of one!

Maybe you had a duff one ??

Ive never had a problem and found that the build quality is far better than all my other cars put together (Vaux,Subaru,Pug,)

burgo
11-06-09, 07:44 PM
completely depends of the garage. most give free retest if they do the work