PDA

View Full Version : Water temp sensor!

locky
07-02-03, 05:46 PM
Where is it? i cant seem 2 find it!
The block i have is an E16SE with Bosch jetronic if its ne help?
I thought it was where the sensor was on the old block, but this looks more like a valve! iv been told it could be under the distributor, and tbh, i aint had time 2 look under there, been on site 2day!
Thanx in hand!

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 06:42 PM
*ahem*

Page 13:28

The Bible

Section 11

Coolant temperature sensor - removal and refitting
68 Proceed as described in Section 10 for central fuel injected engines, but note that the sensor is located in the left hand end face of the cylinder head, beneath the distributer or coil (as applicable).

Here endeth this lesson

locky
08-02-03, 03:12 AM
Ur a star thanx Mike! i was lookin 4 that! i owe ya 1!

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 08:44 PM
:wink: any time mate

i accept personal cheques or bankers drafts............. :D

locky
10-02-03, 12:08 AM
Speakin of cheques itll b thru ur box 2day or 2moro!

_JH_
10-02-03, 12:32 AM
while we're on the subject, where does the thermostat go on these engines? recently broke a gte and when stripping the engine, me no find thermostat!

match
10-02-03, 08:56 AM
the temperature sensor is on the left hand side of the inlet manifold, looks like a little nipple stuck out with a connector that slides on it! (with a blue wire i think)

wisewood
10-02-03, 10:21 AM
but note that the sensor is located in the left hand end face of the cylinder head, beneath the distributer or coil (as applicable).

match - we have already established where it is mate :lol:

locky
10-02-03, 05:42 PM
Derek, the thermostat is behind the camshaft pulley!
take off the belt, undo the cam pulley, and its behind there somwer! i remember reading this in the haynes somwer, im lookin as i type, i cant find it now!

As for my q! ive bared back the wires on the temp sensor, and i have a brown/white, and a brown! the brown is earth, when earthed the guage lights up completely! but theres no blue wire! i got no idea on how 2 get my guage working! when i installed the lump, i joined my old temp guage wire 2 a blue wire on the gte loom block connector! im in need of suggestions plz!
thanx alot!

locky
10-02-03, 05:50 PM
4got 2 add this..........
the sensor has tarnished on the outside (gone a green/blue colour) so i wire brushed the terminals but still no joy!