PDA

View Full Version : xe poor running

soup1
10-06-09, 07:14 PM
xe in a nova,starts perfect,put your foot down when driving and it will start dirvin like s**t,hegging and jumping,not misfiring.no way would it take full throttle,give it full throttle and then ease off and the hegging will stop. the warning light comes on and i pulled a code off today 1 6, knock sensor i think.when it warms up it seems to be better and no light on. when the hegging and jumping stops ti still wont rev out cleanly and will have a misfire and the top end from about4k revs, it is doin my head in, any ideas???:confused:

have tried tps,plugs leads, compression fuel pressure changed throttle body temp sensor airflow meter.
mite get a knock sensor and try that but was wondering if anyone has any more ideas

soup1
10-06-09, 09:07 PM
someone must have some idea

Graeme
10-06-09, 09:15 PM
Is your timing definately spot on?

soup1
10-06-09, 09:17 PM
valve timing perfect and distributor not adjustable
do the ecus give much hassle? the car was running perfect before being taken off the road for a few months

Graeme
10-06-09, 09:20 PM
Where are you? Someone might come and take a look for you

soup1
10-06-09, 09:29 PM
over the water in ireland so i think that is out of the question!!!
am a mechanic myself, spent 10 years in opel dealership but didnt see many novas with xe's in, mostly came in calibras over her and not too many of them tbh.

Graeme
10-06-09, 09:36 PM
There plenty of members in Ireland and you certainly sound competent, I can't think what else to try but good luck with it

soup1
10-06-09, 09:43 PM
thanks for the replies, i'm running out of ideas fast

16v Nova Kev
10-06-09, 09:46 PM
a knock sensor must be worth a try, it sounds like is runing on limp home mode