PDA

View Full Version : c20xe misfire/underfuelling??

AlanH
10-06-09, 06:55 PM
car is running fine on idle, sometimes on half throttle and above the car will not rev, sounds as if its on 3 cylinders, i'd say about 50% of the time, rest of the time the car runs fine. Even when its doing this it idles fine and runs OK low revs and under 1/4 throttle. replaced plugs, rotor arm, ICV and tried a new TPS although the one i tried was from a dispack xe and mines a dizzy one so dont know if they're compatible, if not this could still be the fault maybe? also the car currently has no lambda sensor but i know someone with the same motor in a corsa thats never had a lambda and its always been OK. plan on fitting one just haven't yet, SBD manifold had no hole for it as it was for a 20XE.
as ever all help is very much appreciated lads:thumb:

craig green
10-06-09, 06:59 PM
Early ones had no lambda.

I suffered an awfull misfire on my XE a few years ago, replaced & checked all the usual, still no better. Ended up being a bad earth through the alternator belt tension brkt.

Earth the belt tensioner to the -ve terminal.

Graeme
10-06-09, 07:05 PM
Cheap leads will also breakdown under load, I'd borrow some as genuine ones are so expensive

AlanH
10-06-09, 07:19 PM
this has the lambda plug, just havent connected it up. will try the alternator earth and the silicone leads off the XE i'm on rebuilding for a pals corsa and report back, cheers.

AlanH
12-06-09, 05:20 PM
alternator earth is fine. tried a coil and leads, made no difference. with throttle position sensor plugged in the EML stays on at all times and once the cars fully warm it cuts out altogether. with the TPS unplugged the car will run when warm and EML goes off at low revs but still misses under load, happening a lot more now as well. any ideas? tried another TPS but was from a coilpack one (had to change throttle body as it didn't fit mine) and made no difference, still cut out when plugged in but IIRC they dont work on dizzy engines anyway. anyone got any ideas? i'm thinking it must be TPS still, got a knock sensor to try as well though.

belly257
12-06-09, 05:45 PM
cts

AlanH
12-06-09, 06:28 PM
seriously? got a spare, i'll try it