PDA

View Full Version : mot help

xe Dan
10-06-09, 04:08 PM
rite the problem is ive lost my mot certificate and i need to get a replacement. ive googled it and it just says about going to the last place it was moted and get a replacement. but my problem is i dont no where it was last mot d so dont no where to go. is there any where i can find out where it was last done :thumb:

auzzy2000
10-06-09, 04:19 PM
just go in to your local station they will plug your details in to there computer and bring it up.simplz

xe Dan
10-06-09, 04:21 PM
i was told it can only be done at the garage where the car was last mot d

johnny_turbo
10-06-09, 04:46 PM
if you have your log book you can get a duplicate mot certificate from any test station.

ianglanister
10-06-09, 04:54 PM
if i remember rightly yes you can do it from any mot station however i think there is a £20 fee for a copy.

astraluke
10-06-09, 07:30 PM
thought you could also request it from dvla/vosa????

novalicous
10-06-09, 07:53 PM
i lost mine when i needed to tax mine so i poped along to my local testing station gave them my reg and bish bang bosh new mot slip(for a small fee £10)

Novasport
10-06-09, 09:58 PM
We charge £10 for a duplicate which can be done at any MOT testing station if you have the V5. If there is not long left on the MOT it may be more beneficial to have it retested for 12 months.

peter gsi
10-06-09, 11:01 PM
has to go back to place it was mot. i know i work at one if you go some where else all they can tell you. that its still mot or not bud

Will F
11-06-09, 08:21 AM
Why do you need a replacement?
If its on record electronically, you should be able to get tax etc?

Ben
11-06-09, 08:35 AM
has to go back to place it was mot. i know i work at one if you go some where else all they can tell you. that its still mot or not bud

110% wrong as others have said you can get a replacement with the reg and V5 ref number from ANY registered mot test center, i have never paid for a duplicate.

Jack
11-06-09, 07:19 PM
DVLA say the replacement cert fee is £10 or half the test fee, whichever is less.

As for needing one, you only need it if you're getting tax at the post office in person, or if the fuzz give you a producer

novaguy08
11-06-09, 07:28 PM
No, not unless you take it to the DVLA main office! which is a pain in the **** 6 ways from sunday!!

Still, call the garage that did it, they will charge you a tenner for it, but they will be able to get you one easy! if you dont know which garage did it then www.motinfo.gov.uk & with your V5 ref number & reg number will get you the info you need, as well as a nice little history from since they started doing the computerization