PDA

View Full Version : Ffs!!!

Dod
10-06-09, 12:55 PM
Ok, Ireland has now passed a law saying you cant drive a car without NCT (Irelands MOT) so everyones testing their cars and so has caused a 4mth Back log. I recently sold an XE from one of my Cavs (€600 bigguns!!) and decided while booking in my Missus's Mitsu Colt I'd book in Said Cavalier, cuz 4mths, I'll have it running again. I have an engine in bits and I have a loom bar a Cam sensor.

So I phoned up and I was told, Yeah, no problem. Bring the car in in 2 weeks time. Great I thought, Thats spot on, til I remembered, Everything is still in bits, I need an exhaust, the boot floor welded and an Engine!!

So I'm stuck like a fool trying to get everything organised and of coarse the guy that welds for me cant look at it for a week, which means 2 and I still need a Cam sensor or spare loom, of which I sold 3 in the last month!!!

GGGRRR!!!!! :mad:

~~joycey~~
10-06-09, 03:19 PM
Is'nt it always the law to have a mot? I'm confused?

FUSION X16XE
10-06-09, 03:24 PM
So you guys didnt have to legally have NCT to drive?

Dod
10-06-09, 03:36 PM
You're supposed to have one but until recently as long as after a brief check your car was alright and taxed, then you were alright.

~~joycey~~
10-06-09, 04:17 PM
lol thats well random!

Dod
10-06-09, 05:45 PM
Well, we're a Random Country.

CoolTiger
10-06-09, 06:00 PM
so less novas in ireland now

paddy138
10-06-09, 06:42 PM
you always needed nct but it was never really enforced that much, but the changed the law to if you dont have nct you would get 5 points straight away so everyone pannicked,

dod just ring them and book it in at a later time sure you have up to 5 days before the test to cancel without getting charged

Dod
11-06-09, 11:50 AM
I'm hoping to have it running before that, if I can get the sensor or loom I'll be fine(ish)!!