PDA

View Full Version : Where do you live?

ianglanister
10-06-09, 11:22 AM
Ive been wanting a cheap nova for a while now, just something to play around with while im not working and when i get time as just had a little girl hence need a cheap one. anyway i want vxandy's van but with it needing an engine etc i dont know if i will be able to get it. Anyway ive been looking at other novas on ebay, pistonheads and on here. and it seems to me there are alot more novas down south or right up north. i live in the northwest. just wondering has anyone else found this? and i wonder why it is?

can anyone tell im bored? :wtf: :tard: :confused:

Andy
10-06-09, 11:23 AM
Theres always more where you dont live when you need one-Its commonly reffered to as "sod's law"

ianglanister
10-06-09, 11:34 AM
ye deffinatly. Ive always noticed this just wondered if there is a link down south or up north with novas. just very bored ha ha

Smurf-Xx
10-06-09, 11:42 AM
Cant say iv noticed tbh. If theres a car for sale and i want it. We travel however far to get it! Road trip ftw

Southie
10-06-09, 11:44 AM
It's because all the ones in N/S/E/W Yorkshire areas get stolen more thus getting rare, then taken up north or down south. It would explain the high insurance as well. :D

ianglanister
10-06-09, 11:45 AM
id love to be able to but simply cant at the minute hence wanted a local one. prob will go for vxandys van if i can sell all my bits soon. anyone know of any links to the north or south with novas?

Asa-James
10-06-09, 11:46 AM
i noticed this, hence my trip to the south coast to pick mine up t'other week (i'm near knutsford in the NW by the way!)

ianglanister
10-06-09, 11:48 AM
ye it is weird. o well just one of them things, they shoudl start making novas again but not change a thing!!!!

Southie
10-06-09, 11:50 AM
id love to be able to but simply cant at the minute hence wanted a local one. prob will go for vxandys van if i can sell all my bits soon. anyone know of any links to the north or south with novas?

Try here CLICKY (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14). if theres that many down sarf and up norf heres where you'll find them. :D

AlexW
10-06-09, 11:56 AM
All of my novas have been on my door step. I am from teh south though.

wwmnw
10-06-09, 12:14 PM
When i was in Essex (Clacton) practically every car i saw was a bog standard mint condition Nova I was in pure shock at how clean they were.

There is a bog standard Nova for sale near me, Got talking to the guy who's step dad owns it and he said I can have it for £100, Needs work though to pass it's mot he said, Some welding and has bodge in the rear arch, Should i buy it or let it rot :confused::(

Jack
10-06-09, 12:15 PM
Cant say iv noticed tbh. If theres a car for sale and i want it. We travel however far to get it! Road trip ftw
Problem with that is if you travel hundreds of miles and end up with a dog. I've seen "mint" Novas with more holes than a packet of polos

ianglanister
10-06-09, 12:18 PM
wwmnw- id buy it mate, if it is just little bits id do the work and mot it either make it a track car or sell it. keep us updated with what you do!!

ianglanister
10-06-09, 12:19 PM
razorjack- that is one of the reasons i dont really want to travel too far vxandy is good as he is just 20mins up the road. id be very annoyed if i traveled 3 hours and found a dog of a car!! not only for wasting time but i will have to lend my father in laws car(with tow bar) and hire or lend a car trailer to get it home!!

xe Dan
10-06-09, 12:27 PM
When i was in Essex (Clacton) practically every car i saw was a bog standard mint condition Nova I was in pure shock at how clean they were.

There is a bog standard Nova for sale near me, Got talking to the guy who's step dad owns it and he said I can have it for £100, Needs work though to pass it's mot he said, Some welding and has bodge in the rear arch, Should i buy it or let it rot :confused::( claton on sea is where im at and there is quite a few novas ive got a clean one for sale now:thumb:

Andy
10-06-09, 12:28 PM
Problem with that is if you travel hundreds of miles and end up with a dog. I've seen "mint" Novas with more holes than a packet of polos
Not only that but there has to be a distance that is just not worth the fuel money/time driving.Unless something is dirt cheap i wont travel very far for it.

MK999
10-06-09, 12:32 PM
I haven't noticed anything along the lines of more being north or south, but yorkshire, north/southwest of london i.e essex sussex kent and the southwest of england i.e somerset devon etc seem to be the hotspots, never seems to be much for sale in the midlands for some reason.

Jack
10-06-09, 12:53 PM
You're having a laugh aren't you? No novas for sale down here lol

I tend to keep an eye on Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, West Dorset and south Gloucestershire. Naff all round here.

Hobbit
10-06-09, 12:59 PM

I tend to keep an eye on Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, West Dorset and south Gloucestershire. Naff all round here.

Thats cause all the old folk still use them as shopping carts down here, i see loads of clean ones about, just never for sale.

MK999
10-06-09, 03:41 PM

Parts wise, I have a nova, I don't look at cars for sale lol There's also a large concentration of parts down there CK hasn't sent out yet, that pushes the average up a bit :p My exhaust for the 1.6 came from BIGS, housemate has had parts off of CK, I've sent parts to Craig Green etc etc

~~joycey~~
10-06-09, 04:10 PM
If theres a car for sale and i want it. We travel however far to get it! Road trip ftw

Ditto :thumb:

wwmnw
10-06-09, 07:02 PM
wwmnw- id buy it mate, if it is just little bits id do the work and mot it either make it a track car or sell it. keep us updated with what you do!!

Thinking about buying it and once i have finished with my Nova/ replaced the suspension that's on mine now etc and put that on the other one them spruce it up and sell it on and maybe drop my other 1.6 16 valve into it.

XE Dan, I was in Jaywick* mostly but obviously went into clacton/colchester, Nice place and loads of nice cars.

*I wasn't in one of them 4ft by 4 ft by 5ft house things lol

VXandy
10-06-09, 07:19 PM
Get my van bought dude!!!

Benn
10-06-09, 07:56 PM
Roadtrips are the best!

Well mine are...

wwmnw
10-06-09, 08:17 PM
Roadtrips are the best!

Well mine are...

Because you sing along to The witch doctor? Ooo ee oo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang lol

Benn
10-06-09, 08:44 PM
hahaha you know it!

wwmnw
10-06-09, 09:07 PM
lollol Legend.

ewee870
10-06-09, 11:40 PM
I never had a problem with buying novas, I live in Sandbach cheshire, iv picked all 3 of mine up within 8miles of my house! Lol there a lot around! i can think of at least 10 i no rnd the sandbach area!

Smurf-Xx
11-06-09, 10:04 AM
Yeah i know what you mean Rjack i aint bought the best ones ever tbh! But we travelled about 12hour round trip to get porters green1 that was worth it. :)

Plug
11-06-09, 10:06 AM
down to plymouth wasnt it rach.

i swear i went and looked at it. wasnt it someones off here?

when i was looking to buy a nova locally i couldnt find one but just ask people in your area if they know of any parked up and just go and give the door a knock and offer some cash :thumb:

Smurf-Xx
11-06-09, 10:10 AM
Yeah it was down plymouth quite far for us, hes on here but cant remember his username! That nova was a bargain. And my little black one was a gem driving that far :)

Plug
11-06-09, 10:15 AM
the matt black one ? did you sell that in the end or have you still got it?

the green one was a bargain and it was mint. just didnt have a job at time of sale :(

Jack
11-06-09, 10:16 AM
SRimon. And that was a known good one - I'd travel for one I knew was good, but not for buying randoms off ebay/autotrader (and even some off here) etc.

I have a nova, I don't look at cars for sale lol
I like to keep an eye out as one day I'll need to reshell the saloon, and if I wait til the "needs to be done yesterday" moment you can guarantee there won't be one around.

Plug
11-06-09, 10:22 AM
that is so true aswell about not one being about.

when i wanted to reshell my sr there wasnt a nova within miles and miles.

Devon is defo sh1t for novas lol

Smurf-Xx
11-06-09, 10:29 AM
Yeah my matt black one. Still got it, but needs alot of work and i just dont have the money atm :( i dnt think ill sell it, just keep it until i can fix it. I once won a blue nova on ebay, went to look at it near hull i think and it was so different to in the pictures and it was horrible so ste slipped him a few quid for messing about and we left it there! Wont do that again!

Plug
11-06-09, 10:32 AM
lol always try and look at it before you buy it.

So in the future you'll have you own project thread

Smurf-Xx
11-06-09, 10:36 AM
Yeah definately but it will be ste doing most of the work because he knows what hes doing and i dont haha lol

MK999
11-06-09, 12:23 PM
I like to keep an eye out as one day I'll need to reshell the saloon, and if I wait til the "needs to be done yesterday" moment you can guarantee there won't be one around.

I used to look around to be fair, but the parents would probably have me outside sat on a suitcase if i tried to park 2 novas on the drive lol