PDA

View Full Version : 288mm v6 sri 5 stud combo conversion

davidfox280585
10-06-09, 07:26 AM
as above doing a 5 stud conversion on my combo,
been to the breakers and releived a vectra sri v6 from its front stoppers and hubs,

with my van being 1.7 (big block) i can use calibra 16v outer cvs on standard shafts
(v6s and 2.0 have bigger cvs) meaning combo corsa outer cvs wont fit but being 22 spline shafts means i can exchange cally outer cv's onto my shafts thus retaining correct length and inner cv joint for correct gearbox fitment,

i queried the abs ring being bigger due to having wheel speed sensor but all seems good seems the cally cvs will do the job

i checked bearing part number from a corsa b and corsa c which is the same,
so i picked up a corsa b hub and carrier to trial fit all

i removed the corsa hub from the carrier and gave it along with the v6 hubs to my friend so he can machine the v6 hubs to the corsa bearing size thus enabling the hubs to fit in the corsa combo hub and being a 5 stud hub,

i have refitted the machined v6 hub to the carrier and fitted the disc and caliper and all seems fine all lined up ok and all bolted on no issues,

i tried to find somebody breaking a 5 stud corsa or combo but there like rocking horse poo otherwise i would of bought the running gear from it,

also my rear drums are 230mm in diameter,
so ive cross referenced drum dimensions and have came across zafira 1.6 rear drums 5 stud 230mm though i will be needing the stub bearings also which seem to be a direct fit to my axle,

though im looking into a 5 stud rear disc conversion from a astra mk4 but unsure about handbrake cable anyone have an idea which i could interchange to fit my combo

cheers

Will F
10-06-09, 08:33 AM
Is that a question?

Why didnt you just redrill the disks to fit thr Combo flange?

davidfox280585
10-06-09, 09:09 AM
Is that a question?

Why didnt you just redrill the disks to fit thr Combo flange?
i guess your meaning redrill the combo standard disc?
im using the v6 hubs which has a larger centre so i would need the standard discs machined out in centre too which would mean a lot more engineering,

and yes im after help with a handbrake cable thanks will:thumb:

Will F
10-06-09, 03:09 PM
I just meant that you could have used teh combo flange and redrilled the Vectra disks...

Obv too late for that! lol

Easiest way would be rear disks.

davidfox280585
10-06-09, 03:51 PM
I just meant that you could have used teh combo flange and redrilled the Vectra disks...

Obv too late for that! lol

Easiest way would be rear disks.
i am converting to fit 5 stud wheels more than anything will not really the brakes just thought while i was on with it id fit brakes too,
also the discs would of needed a spigot ideally to locate properly and to stop vibration

The Simps
10-06-09, 04:19 PM
spigots isn't a problem. Got a spare pair in the shed.