PDA

View Full Version : Can I make my Nova warmer?

burgessovsalford
07-02-03, 02:12 PM
I dont know if my heater matix is on the way out? But when my engine is hot is only blows out semi hot air on my heater fans(well compared to other cars) & it takes ages for the inside of my car to get warm in the morning? :?

Is there a way to get the heaters hotter?

wisewood
07-02-03, 02:21 PM
You thought about fitting heated seat pads into your seats?

Warms up nice and quick and keeps you warmer.

Guide Here:
http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63455

Manta Mad
08-02-03, 08:01 PM
Possibly worth turning your heater onto hot and flushing out the cooling system with a hose (put some of that rad flush stuff in first) as the matrix may be silted up. Also check that when you move the heater control to hot that the cable operates the valve fully, cable might have stretched and not operate valve properly.

Does your engine heat up properly and quickly - you dont have a thermostat thats stuck open for instance as this would effect engine heat.

nova dosed
09-02-03, 04:00 AM
tell u what m8 u can have some of my heat as it gets bloody hot in the car tonight i was sweltering ive got more than my fare share. :lol:

nova dosed
09-02-03, 04:14 AM
just thought of sumet else

set it on fire!!!!!

wud that work

mowgli
09-02-03, 12:23 PM
check thermostat, heater control lever, I've had several break over the years, and radflush it.
If all else fails, stick a pot noodle box in front of the radiator and restrict the air flow, remember the wind chill & not the air temp. make everything very cold this time of year

mikeoxford
09-02-03, 08:57 PM
heated seats are a doddle mate, nice mod IMO

theres a wiring diag at nova-land.com in the interior section, and mickys guide on here tells u how to do it etc

burgessovsalford
10-02-03, 04:37 PM
set it on fire!!!!! lol i like it!!

cheers for the help, il check it all out!

On my car temp gauge my car always seems to be running cold, even tho the engine is at normal temperature. Could this be the prob?

may do the heated seat mod when i get a bit of time as it does look easy...

Chris LR
10-02-03, 04:42 PM
Stick an engine in the back!

The Temp sensor is proably right, Unless you've found another way to find out it's at norm temp?

I'd change the Thermostat, and give the heater matrix a wash through.

Wiggie
10-02-03, 09:56 PM
my mas pug 405 heating stope working the other day, i toped up the radiator, bingo! seems silly. life

Manta Mad
13-02-03, 11:20 PM
Check your thermostat first, it might be faulty or stuck open or part open. You can test it by putting it in a pot of hot water, boiling up the water and seeing if it opens just before the water boils.

mikeoxford
13-02-03, 11:41 PM
thermostats are dodgy things :(

only just figured out my fan DOES work and thermo must have been bust on old engine as i rebuilt with new pump / thermo and parts etc

tut

flair
14-02-03, 09:55 AM
lo m8ty,
ihad the same problem untill i bought some stuff called redex from the garage... put in in ur fuel tank and it makes your car run much nicer. In the morning my car used to be well sloppy untill i bought this... now it runsfine... bassicly the quicker your engine warms up the quicker your heating warms up so buy some of it and also use some anti freeze.

jamesdarlington
15-02-03, 05:40 PM
I have just revently sorted the exact problem that your having and it worked a treat, i really didnt think wat i was doing would cure it but it hs and bloody well. Wat u wanna do is look right at the back of your engine. There should be two hose pipes wat look like they would go into the dash. Loosen the clips and pull off. It took quite a lot of patience and i took my air filter off to gain some more space to work in and also if they havent been taken off in a while they could be well stuck on so jus b warned. Get an ordianry garden hose and stick on one of the pipes. turn it on and let it flow through in and out of the other end, it will most likely be full of shit but jus keep lettin it run until it comes out clear. Now attatch the hose to the other pipe and run it through until that also comes out clear. attatch the hoses again and top up the water level if it needs to be, put some anti ice in there as well and take ur car for a run and you should be able to cook eggs from the heat. Hope thats ok good luck m8