PDA

View Full Version : This years cars to look out for?

nova---chris
07-02-03, 07:05 AM
As we are now into the new year we have got to start thinking about this years shows and cars.

So what cars should we be watching out for? show/track/1/4mile/ect ect
As i suspect we have plenty more turbo owners this year ect ect.

Personally im intrested to see brett warburton run 1/4mile this year.
Think its a amazing car and hopefully problem free runs this year.
And be intrestin to see wot ian comes back with .

As for track and show im not sure. altho i want to see cp's moptor in action.( And hopefully neiks motor if he makes it over this year .

So your thoughts and motors to watch out for this year.

Freak
07-02-03, 11:48 AM
daves..erm....i mean Rik Drapers car........

wisewood
07-02-03, 11:51 AM
I am quite keen to see what Ian rolls outta his garage when it's finished...
also quite interested in the project MC and CP are working on for the 1.2 super beast.

Ste_Nova
07-02-03, 03:13 PM
will be intresting to see how much nos my twin engined 1.2 can take :lol:

robs spider with phase 4 and 6 speed, 380bhp est

bretts car is setup for track not 1/4 chris :roll:

d0gz_bollox
07-02-03, 03:29 PM
be interesting to see if my car makes it to the summer.

wisewood
07-02-03, 03:32 PM
Matt Finary's Flying Machine should raise its head by then... be interesting to see just what that thing is like when it's done.

Anton
07-02-03, 04:43 PM
I reckon some of my parts will be on some nice cars :D

jkhilton
07-02-03, 04:56 PM
Same here, my car was a registered organ donor I suspect!!! it got broken up and has ended up on loads of different cars now!

oh well, at least it's legacy still lives on :|

locky
07-02-03, 05:27 PM
Ians,
Matt Finary's,
Sid's
Aragorns saloon!
Kev's (if it ever gets out of the boxes lol)
and i think its djp2k's,
with the bits n bobs from other cars!
I'm gonna b at a few more shows this year, hopefully with some more goodies!

Ste_Nova
07-02-03, 06:07 PM
Same here, my car was a registered organ donor I suspect!!! it got broken up and has ended up on loads of different cars now!

oh well, at least it's legacy still lives on :|

ur glove box lives on :twisted:
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/int_small.jpg

and so does your front bumper :twisted:
http://mig.lathwood.co.uk/uploads/intercooler_small.jpg

Rick Draper
07-02-03, 10:18 PM
I am saying nowt about mine er sorry Daves car! lol, Phase 9 turbo engine's, one off 10 speed box X2, Wonder how much NoZ this parpy can take! lmfmo Rick

wisewood
08-02-03, 03:00 AM
lmfao - forgot all about bepe :lol:

djp_y2k
08-02-03, 08:56 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the flying machine. Hope its finished in time.

CP
08-02-03, 09:07 PM
Well I'm pretty open minded cos I like standard Novas as much as the heavily modded ones but here's the cars that I would pay money to see doing their stuff wherever and whenever in no particular order:
1. Ste's -if he's got a twin engined Nova on NOS then fairplay I'd love to see that! Its about time we had 1 to oggle at
2. Chris T's - seen it at Velos and its a beast. Be really interested to see it up against similar running TB's - a sort of Carbs vs TB's - the truth thing.
3. Ians - well its gonna be fucking fast and pretty radical to look at.
4. MC's foray back into the Nova world with a 1.2 - he says he's got a good idea of how its going to be - I haven't got much idea and I'm doing some of the work lol! but the engine is going to be intriguing.
5. Rick Drapers
6. Dan vs Breeny vs Slim Jim 1.6 Twin 40 "grudge" match up the strip
7. Will B's 1.4 up the strip- well I would include this 1 wouldnt I :roll:
8. Anything new from the Isaachunt stable.
9. Hopefully will get to see Bretts and Luggys etc to see if done anything major for this year.

I'm not expecting to rub up against many Novas out on track but I am looking forward to seeing action on the strip. With a fair few 2.0l turbos around I think the competition for fastest Vaux up the strip will be intense. There's been some banter around the various forums and I think the time to have it out is drawing near :wink:

Aragorn
08-02-03, 11:31 PM
the realisation hits hard:

*i WANT a black GSi dash*

*NOW!!!!*

and thanks for the plug locky :D

as for cars this year - all of em as ive never been to a show and it will be cool to see some of these motors in the flesh

novax
09-02-03, 11:40 AM
Quite looking forward to seeing mine finished. AND Rob Fs Astra Turbo! If you don't know it, look out on the PV2003 SantaPod show, it's a killer.

dan16v
09-02-03, 02:27 PM
myne will be done in time for peformance vaux show should run ok against other tb'd 16v's

novaturboo
10-02-03, 07:13 PM
Looking forward to get mine back, been away at RJ sine december now and still another month away till i get it back. Then its away to get the nos fitted :D and then i might actually get to drive it. Its going to be the first car in the uk with marble effect paint on, hope it looks ok.