PDA

View Full Version : Le-Mans 2009

MARTIN KELSON
08-06-09, 10:52 PM
Hello,

Early hours of Wednesday morning i will be setting off and heading towards Portsmouth to catch the 12.00 ferry to Le Havre France to watch the Le-Mans 24hr.

Its my first trip over there and its supposidly well worth the effort.

Unfortunatly though the Nova will be staying in England as its still only got half an engine in & nowhere near ready. I will instead be taking my VW Golf GTI Derv!!
4 cars going accross, Me in the Derv, Honda Integra DC2 Type R, VW Golf MK3 VR6 supercharged & BMW Z4 Coupe.

The week will consist of beer, beer, beer, bbq, bbq, oh and maybe watch a little of the race!

When i get back i will post some pics up.

Martin

Dar
08-06-09, 10:53 PM
Have a good trip!
I must go one year.

Jay
08-06-09, 10:54 PM
Have fun :)

Paul16v
08-06-09, 11:03 PM
have a good trip!!

dc2 type R someone has class!! haha

astraluke
08-06-09, 11:20 PM
Only two hours from me on a normal day, race day traffic make that 4, never seen so many bikes on the road as when travelling to paris on race day (moto gp)

burgo
08-06-09, 11:27 PM
the robin hood owners club im with make the trip every year

CoolTiger
09-06-09, 12:02 AM
went to moto gp few weeks ago portsmouth-caen was good

Asa-James
09-06-09, 12:14 AM
which route are you taking?

look up on evo's website for the best route, motorway to Rouen then a roads all the way, cheaper and much better scenery. i took it the other year when i was heading down to meet the family and detoured to the track (not for the race) and the drive was well worth it

muzzy
09-06-09, 12:22 AM
Le Mans is something i have to do some year, its always been a dream of mine to go

Asa-James
09-06-09, 12:26 AM
PNG@LeMans 2010?

CoolTiger
09-06-09, 12:45 AM
we went up past all beaches and war graves really nice stayed in alacon and train to lemans and then tram into circuiy worked relly well

MARTIN KELSON
09-06-09, 09:35 AM
which route are you taking?

Dont know.
Probably which ever route the sat-nat decides when i get off the ferry!!!!:)

Asa-James
09-06-09, 02:08 PM
ignore the nav, get a map and take this route-- most of the exotica and british stuff will go this way. if you take the autoroute then you'll get charged every 20 miles or so, and its money best in your pocket

take the autoroutes as far as Rouen (if your going from Calais its the A16 to Abbeville and the A28 to Rouen)

south of Rouen take the N138, onto the N438 to Alencon and then the N338 to Le Mans. take your time round Rouen, lost of exits and easy to get lost (i spen half an hour finding the right road!) but i'm sure theres going to be plenty of brit cars going that way.
also worth remembering that during Le Mans week the french Gendarmes dont much like us British...

Pistol Pete
09-06-09, 06:03 PM
went to moto gp few weeks ago portsmouth-caen was good

As did i, except i went to Le Havre. Was ace! The campsites should be clean by now lol Toll charges were a pain, but then the motorways are sooooo quiet over there, it was worth it IMO! Shat nav FTW!

Mazz
09-06-09, 07:28 PM
Unfortunatly though the Nova will be staying in England as its still only got half an engine in & nowhere near ready.

What a pisser dude :(

mowgli
09-06-09, 07:33 PM
what ever you do, get a handful of loose euro change for when you leave the ferry. cos a few miles out of leHavre, there is a huge toll bridge...

ps. You lucky *******

I went in 91, 93 & 95. it is the best motorsport experience ever.
the crowd going mental at the start is out of this world..
sitting on the mulsanne corner at 3am is awesome

I would be up for a png trip..

Pistol Pete
09-06-09, 09:13 PM
Tolls came to around 30-40 euros IIRC when i went last month. Good idea on the loose change.

I too would be up for a PNG trip.