PDA

View Full Version : Any Estate Agents Here???

KSRY
08-06-09, 07:28 PM
Basically my Dad is trying to buy another house and was told today to forward a 'sealed bid' which he did. He was then told, he was currently the highest bidder, 15 minutes later, he gets a call saying hes been outbid, so he then offers to pay the asking price. They say okay but the agent says she can't let him know as the other bidder is her colleague!

Now my questions are,

1, If its sealed bids, surely the highest should win no matter what, and if the asking price has been met then it should not be advertised in the paper and proceedings should be started,

2, Surely an estate agent cannot bid/buy a property they are themselves, surely its a conflict of interests as it would be unfair to other potential bidders....

Anyone have any knowledge???

Stuart
08-06-09, 07:30 PM
odds on they are having a quick peek and seeing whos actually committed to the buy, while at the same time upping the commission they get.

My dear mum said that she would rather I was in prison for some nasty crime than to ever become an estate agent lol

Dar
08-06-09, 07:51 PM
Stuart, we all know that you love your boyfriend very much. But that huge piccy in your avatar must break at least one forum rule. You should ban yourself now!

Stuart
08-06-09, 07:52 PM
Stuart, we all know that you love your boyfriend very much. But that huge piccy in your avatar must break at least one forum rule. You should ban yourself now!

rule 15 :p

Dar
08-06-09, 07:55 PM
rule 15 :p
http://www.gamblingproblem.co.nz/talkingpoint/messages/943/153.jpg