PDA

View Full Version : 5 Stud Drums

Graeme
08-06-09, 05:20 PM
I've been told that I can convert my car to five stub whilst retaining my drums, I don't want to convert to discs as I really don't rate them as a good mod unless you reduce them down to next to nothing. The disc I have been told to use is from a late Corsa c cdti Sri, apparently they are a straight swap for my Nova items, can anyone confirm this as I'd like to know for certain before I take the plunge.

Cheers in advance

John
08-06-09, 08:48 PM
The corsa c drum set up is very different from a nova, the bearings, stubs, shoes, backplates (pretty much everything really) would have to be swapped onto the nova beam, so pretty much the same as doing a rear disc conversion swap. It's not just a case of using the corsa dums on nova stubs i'm afraid. Why not get some existing nova drums redrilled to 5 stud?

Graeme
08-06-09, 10:53 PM
Is it that easy John? Is it an engineering shop job? I wouldn't like to get it wrong

Leeboo
08-06-09, 11:31 PM
I'd imagine it is an engineering job yeah because I doubt you would be able to tap the holes yourself

stupot89
08-06-09, 11:36 PM
if you get the rear disk converison plates welded to your axel you can use the drums off a zafira hope this helps

Graeme
09-06-09, 08:00 AM
I was hoping for a quick and easy way of going five stud, I also thought it was to good to be true, I think its back to the drawing board for that idea then

Cheers for all the help

General Baxter
09-06-09, 09:10 AM
8.5mm drill, m10 tap lol

Graeme
09-06-09, 02:03 PM
I'd like to think it was that simple but I do feel a little bit unsure weather it is safe to do so or not

craig green
09-06-09, 02:17 PM
As Baxter says. Thats how the threads in the OE 4 stud drums are done.

Failing that drill the holes & use the interference fit studs, pressed in from behind (ooh err).

John
09-06-09, 06:49 PM
As Baxter says. Thats how the threads in the OE 4 stud drums are done.

Failing that drill the holes & use the interference fit studs, pressed in from behind (ooh err).

yep as craig and baxter say. any good engineering shop should be able to do them for you.

Graeme
09-06-09, 06:59 PM
I'll give it a try then, just need to find a 5 x 100 wheel to use for mock up

Will F
10-06-09, 08:42 AM
Not that easy - the 110 PCD (5 stud) would mean that you would have to drill 2 holes, as only 3 line up... this would make your drum like swiss cheese!

lol

Graeme
10-06-09, 08:45 AM
Good point Will, i thought that would be the case like when you see five stud discs re drilled, looks like I'm going to have to find a rear disc beam and work from that and big block hub the front end