PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Novas!

Tazzy
06-02-03, 08:47 PM
From al lthats been featured in car mags over the years, i wondered Novas i liked the most, this is my list, whats yours?

1 Brett Warburton’s mint ?25k 210 braker (MP july 02, march99, july97)
2 Brett Rogan’s V6 200 braker on 18s (MP sept 01)
3 Martin Hill’s White/Pink and0 Blue 2 litre SR (Revs march 03)
4 Chris Ward’s turbo’d GTE (TV feb 03)
5 Gavin Renshaw’s goldie (MP feb 01, Redline sept 02)
6 Kingdom Developments P1NKY (unknown details)
7 Andy Evans two door saloon turbocherger (TV sept 02)
8 Karthic Gowrinath’s Kingdom Developments 2 litre LET on 19s (FC dec 01)
9 Bart Huys yellow Euro Nova GSi valver (TV dec 02)
10 Richard Bell’s ?18K 1.4 SR (MP march 03)
11 Stuart Leary’s wide arch purple valver (MP jan 01)
12 Mark Kemp’s chromed up valver (Revs jan 03)

Chris LR
06-02-03, 09:25 PM
1. My own.

Tazzy
06-02-03, 09:27 PM
lol, fair enough!

novacabrio
11-02-03, 08:22 PM
7 Andy Evans two door saloon turbocherger (TV sept 02) :roll: stuck this on its roof before the magazine was published, other wise a nice car, was a new shell etc! personaly I to would have to have my car top of my list Total Vauxhall this month Nova spider, 2nd would be andys then Brets, But ?25k buys you serious cars, lets be honest would you spend that on a nova? As much as i love em i wouldn't go that far!!

dan16v
11-02-03, 08:52 PM
my favourite is bretts as its real simple thats how i like novas! then myne!

MattyWoo
11-02-03, 09:27 PM
My favourites are all on the nova-land calendar which is probably still avaiable from mike oxford so give him a shout (was that enough of a plug??? :wink: )
I like them all cos they are all subtle but still look sweet:
Breenys
Chris Wards
CP's
Ian's
Will B's

Fester
11-02-03, 09:33 PM
ok theyre big money cars but its not fair to compare the total amount to new cars costing the same amount as often these cars have been drip fed money over the years and its all just mounted up rather than blowing ?xk on one car, one look at one time

Ben (lurk75)
11-02-03, 09:48 PM
Colins was real nice before was broken up

?Marty?
12-02-03, 02:06 AM
yeah, my thoughts with fester.

It's not like they got the lump sum and decided to spend it all on a Nova.

A bit at a time, and it gets to a point where it makes more sense spending more and pushing it's boundaries further, rather than selling it (at a loss) and moving on to something else.

Tazzy
12-02-03, 10:01 AM
lol, i could easily spend ?40k, even more on a Nova, because NO ONE ELSE would do it,it would be different, if i had the finances i would, but seeing as im not even earning ?60 a week, im screwed!

lets just hope i find ?50k on a bus! lol

Aragorn
12-02-03, 12:04 PM
heh saying that - the last time i went to the scrappy to find a bumper for me car

i left with the bumper, cav airbox, some wiper and indicator stalks and ?30 more than i went with after a chance find of ?60 in the boot :D

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 03:34 PM
My favourites are all on the nova-land calendar which is probably still avaiable from mike oxford so give him a shout (was that enough of a plug??? :wink: )
I like them all cos they are all subtle but still look sweet:
Breenys
Chris Wards
CP's
Ian's
Will B's

:lol: LMFAO QUALITY and no i didnt pay him to do that

youll get me introuble with admin again!!! :roll: :(

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 03:35 PM
heh saying that - the last time i went to the scrappy to find a bumper for me car

i left with the bumper, cav airbox, some wiper and indicator stalks and ?30 more than i went with after a chance find of ?60 in the boot :D

in your boot i take it?

if u mean a scrapyard boot your a jammy cnut

Freak
12-02-03, 04:46 PM
lol
its not like Brett spent that in one go....

Old skool novaloaders will remember the first incarnation of it (1996 Max feature) then the second incarnation (something like 1999/2000 feature) then the current total strip down/rebuild.
Yeah hes spent a mint- but it would be cut down considerably if it was built how it is now in the first place.
Same with Ian and his various changes, Rik, Dave Liu,Beasty, and pretty much all of the top novas. They have all been through several changes.
All part of the fun.

I mean- Nick Caro has spent a fortune on his- and hes ended up with a standard GSi with a valver, a retrim and a set of rims/brakes/suspension.
pmsl

Anyway- my personal faves:

1-Dave Lius original valver-A 16V DL (RIP)
2- Bretts as it is now
3- Beasties
4- Karl Rowntrees
5-Olly hewitts (just something about it)
6-P1NKY (was a breath of bonkers fresh air at the time)
7-A 16V TB
8-Bretts as it was when still breeze Blue
9-Some mint green thing- fearless motorsport thing F940EHL or sumthing.Think thats been scrapped also.
10-Rik Drapers.
11- Mine (waiting for it to be written off :o )

And the worst (in no particular order):
1- lancys

End of message

?Marty?
12-02-03, 06:21 PM
And the worst (in no particular order):
1- lancys

:roll: :lol:

I don't think it's as bad as i thought it was when i first saw it. But then i've never seen it in the metal.

Ian
12-02-03, 07:13 PM
9-Some mint green thing- fearless motorsport thing F940EHL or sumthing.Think thats been scrapped also.

was stripped for parts and the engine is now in dan16vs car parts were used to build dans car before howell had it.

jkhilton
12-02-03, 07:16 PM
I like the look of Lancy's, just dont like the fridge in the passenger footwell!! (is it still in there?)

How many of the cars are daily drivers???? I mean when I was up in Stockport, I think Nick Caro only brought his nova to the PNG meets maybe 3 or 4 times out of about 20!! I dont see the point in spending loads on a car to make it look good and then never driving it, it makes no sense!

dan16v
12-02-03, 08:14 PM
take it the lime green one was seimon bellis's car then? i have a rolling road print out in my s/h of the car lol u learn sum thing new every dam wondered why the rr print out had a f reg plate written on the bak lol

Ian
12-02-03, 08:22 PM
yes simon built and owned the car before howell.

Tazzy
12-02-03, 08:34 PM
I like the look of Lancy's, just dont like the fridge in the passenger footwell!! (is it still in there?)

is that the nova at max power live last year, next to the r5t with nova arches? if so, thats the nova i got my idea from to have a mini fridge in my boot! lol

it was either there or take the back seat out, which i would of been told off for doin.. lol

Freak
13-02-03, 04:28 PM
As long as you didnt copy the rest....

oterwise you will have more ripples than a fat birds thighs and a bigger gap than watford between the wheels and arches.

Tazzy
13-02-03, 09:10 PM
lol, whys that, whats wrong with it?