PDA

View Full Version : remote alarm central locking!

blaiz
06-02-03, 07:46 PM
basicaly my m8s got n alarm+imobiliser wiv remote central lockin (wen the doors r locked via key fob the alarm+imobiliser r armed)

im avin it off him coz hes sellin da car, so woz just wonderin wot the fuk i need 2 take (wires n that) and where from!!

is ther gona b loads ov wiring+all complicated+take ages??

duno wot make it is yet tho.. :?

also, aparantly da imobiliser is abit doge so can i just av the alarm+remote central locking as iv alredy got stanard imobiliser+relay want da remote central lockin coz i wana d-lock me doors....!

pls help all u leccy gurus!!
cheerz

Evolution
07-02-03, 12:26 AM
Ive never fitted one or removed one myself, but you dont need to connect up the immobiliser if youre not wanting it.

What kind of alarm/immobiliser is it?? if its thatchman cat rated i suggest you have it installed by an approved fitter otherwise you wont get a certificate and wont mean a thing if your car gets nabbed.
I would also suggest, that regardless of what the alarm is, you get it fitted by a pro anyway.
for around ?50 you can save yourself a lot of hassle and swearing.

One tiny little word of advice though, preferably dont de-lock your tailgate.
It wont take you long to figure out why when one day your alarm is nackered and wont unlock the doors, and there is no key hole.
If you do de-lock the tailgate, fit a secluded button or lever under the car that can operate the lock in case of emergencies.

mikeoxford
07-02-03, 11:22 AM
i think the two wires you need to connect to on your central locking box are two blacks with stripes or bown cant remember, if you email me ill have a look tonight for you

another thing to note is you will need a new motor in the drivers door as the standard one is just a switch

thanks
mike