PDA

View Full Version : BMW E36 Values

Dod
07-06-09, 07:31 PM
Oh Hai, I r bz wondering.....

A late 96 BMW 328i Coupe, Leather interior, Mtec Kit and 18" Hartge Wheels, standard and in very decent nick, MOT'd and Taxed. Whats it worth?

I've been offered a Damaged Repairable one and I'm weighing up the price of it, repair and testing it against what they're worth. Usually UK and ROI prices differ but as its a 2.8 I dont think it should differ that much.

Asa-James
07-06-09, 10:45 PM
naff all as they are ugly as sin

L33 LEG
07-06-09, 10:55 PM
id pay around £600 for a front end smashed one and either strip it or fix it up to sell, very easy as all panels are bolted on and can pick them up from anywhere.

or if you meant it has already been fixed but is a cat c/d then probably be worth around £1500, (they go from 2k-near 3k if mint). the mtec kit and leather will be standard as itl be a sports, just watch it though for the common overheating problems on those engines.

paddy138
07-06-09, 11:17 PM
asa-james id say that comment helped, in NI you see real good examples 96 models for about 2500 to 3000 but some of them do be sport models, they seem to be a hard enough car to shift as a lot of them do be readvertised a lot

Dod
08-06-09, 08:52 AM
naff all as they are ugly as sin

Wow, thats answered all my questions. :roll:

Lee, did they come with LSD in them? Its damaged as it is but everything is there apart from the front bumper to repair it. Its also been fitted with an m42 2.5 engine although it is heating up nicely.

Paddy, did you ever get the 2.8 you were looking for?

L33 LEG
08-06-09, 09:36 AM
from what iv heard they only came on some sport models. i think on the late ones, ie yours, they got replaced with traction control. im not 100% though.

iv just fitted a 2.5 to my 328 cab, so im not sure how much its worth now. but im sure it should be worth the same as 2.5s arnt known to overheat as much.

my mate buys damaged E36s all the time. usually pays around £300-£400 for them and strips them however last week they got hold of a damaged 328 sport in black for £600. the wings, bonnet and headlights needed replacing and he took a hammer to it and straightened it all out. like i said, seen as there is that many parts available and even full cars for £100 its easy and cheap enough to fix them up, but i seriously wouldnt be spending much buying it, especially when pistonheads and ebay are full of damaged ones.

and remember that front bumpers can fetch upto £150.

and yes james, i should of got a cav instead of this :roll:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/the%20BMW%20project/bmw070.jpg

paddy138
08-06-09, 06:16 PM
think just the sports came with lsd, yeah dod i found a conversion for mine, a chap called s13 on jon44w hopefully collecting it this weekend

Ben
08-06-09, 06:45 PM
As damaged i would pay £500 for it top whack, Can get E46 CAT C/D's for about £1k

Dod
08-06-09, 09:03 PM
Good stuff, the car is coming to me in a deal and the asking price was £600. I've sourced all I need as well so it'll help but it is amazing how many cheap ones are out there!

Paddy, S14 is a member on here as well, he's from Meath isnt he?

Only thing I dont like about CAT C's are if they're recorded it is a pretty big mark against the car come resale time. That said, if I got a cheap enough E39 530D M-Sport Cat C, I'd have it in a flash.

Ben
08-06-09, 09:17 PM
Thats right dod, just depends what you want to do with the car £600 aint expensive and i always look at it the person didnt want to sale the car so probably nothing to hide.

The cat c thing never bothered me if you want it for yourself no problem, for a resale it can complicate things but i never suffer shirting them.

paddy138
08-06-09, 10:03 PM
no hes s13 from balymoney, cat c is a bit annoying having to get that vic check done and it on the history then yeah dod i would agree with you on the 530d