PDA

View Full Version : just got back from pvs

JordyzNova
07-06-09, 01:08 PM
as above just got back.... didnt enjoyed that much some off the cars wer stupid with big body kits lol

i did see the png stand tho today with onlyu a few onovas wer was evrey body ? ... one nova i did like espicaly was 'lynz' mk1 thought that looked proper smart eny body got pics or videos .... :thumb:

AlexW
07-06-09, 01:09 PM
problery all at the camp site having beers.

JordyzNova
07-06-09, 01:15 PM
were you ther /....

stupot89
07-06-09, 01:17 PM
i was ive just this min got back in the house was good apart from the weather got some pics of the png novas will post up later

Cormac
07-06-09, 01:25 PM
Im gutted i couldnt make it over this year. Hopefully ill make Billing and that'll make up for it!

JordyzNova
07-06-09, 01:33 PM
hopefully better weather too

novait
07-06-09, 01:33 PM
just got back as well.. great weekend BIG shame about the weather..

Novaboi_1991
07-06-09, 01:34 PM
So overall, im planning on coming next year, but, would you say its worth a 3-4 hour drive?

or was it realy that bad?

Southie
07-06-09, 01:38 PM
as above just got back.... anybody got pics or videos .... :thumb:
:roll: Where are your pictures. lol

JordyzNova
07-06-09, 01:39 PM
its was good few days but fooked wether ok on sat few runs up strip and ive just been told the rain has now cleared and the strip is open !

burgo
07-06-09, 06:07 PM
if you got back at one you could of only bin there 5 mins lol. i didnt even get up till 10.45 so you left way to early imo

Plug
07-06-09, 06:14 PM
ive just got home now left at about 1. bast@rd 5 hour drive was well worth it :thumb:

would have been better if the rain held back and i would prob only just be leaving.

Only 2 mins from you isnt it burgo? seen you half asleep on sat morning or after noon lol.

burgo
07-06-09, 06:16 PM
not exactly 2 mins but yes its not far. so you left just as the sun was coming out??? i think i timed it pretty well. i left at 3.50 and was out and on the road at 4 so only 10 mins to get out :) ftw

Plug
07-06-09, 06:18 PM
didnt take us long at all to get out but its a long old journy home.

was still raining when we left but about 30mins up the road was sunshine

CoolTiger
07-06-09, 06:28 PM
i left at 10.30 lol

Plug
07-06-09, 06:32 PM
dont blame you with all that rain i wasnt even awake then lol

Mike
07-06-09, 06:38 PM
What a fecking ace weekend!!!! I even beat Baxter back to his own house lol

How warm was it once the sun eventually came out!!

burgo
07-06-09, 06:42 PM
How warm was it once the sun eventually came out!!

exactly. and all the wimps missed out :p

John
07-06-09, 06:43 PM
was there any 1/4 action at all?

Mike
07-06-09, 06:44 PM
was there any 1/4 action at all?

Oh yea! Ste Porter fecking smashed it!! He only got into the TOTB times :thumb:

John
07-06-09, 06:46 PM

really? what did he run?

Plug
07-06-09, 06:50 PM
i missed all the drag action today :(

General Baxter
07-06-09, 06:51 PM
What a fecking ace weekend!!!! I even beat Baxter back to his own house lol

i had two fails on the way home lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:01 PM
3 fails for the weekend then baxter???

Can't believe it came warm, rained all the way home and still raining now!!
I left because I think I had trench foot lol

What did Ste run?

Mike
07-06-09, 07:02 PM
Im sure Ste ran a 13 something, he rinsed that 700bhp GMC van lol BUT tbh i dont think that muscle van was going full chat tho.

General Baxter
3 fails for the weekend then baxter??? :thumb:

one when i broke and stopped the slip road,
one on the way out, i had to stop and remove the extra mud weights out the rims,

just got past hinckley the pipe from the fuel tank, desided to let go lol

Mike
i had two fails on the way home lol

I left yours a 5.35pm Nick lol where were you?

Plug
07-06-09, 07:06 PM
that vector is an animal and doesnt the rocket car make some noise lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:06 PM
Haha as if you killed the sliproad coming off the M1 on Friday, was hillarious, everyone was getting so annoyed behind us ;)
Ste ran a 13.3 yesterday after sorting out the common problem this weekend of mud weights on the tyres. Rob and I had to stop just before the m1 too

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:08 PM
:thumb:

one when i broke and stopped the slip road,
one on the way out, i had to stop and remove the extra mud weights out the rims,

just got past hinckley the pipe from the fuel tank, desided to let go lol

i had to remove my extra mud wieghts as it felt as tho i was driving a jack hammer lol

was a good weekend apart from the weather

good to meet evry one and put faces to names :thumb:

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:11 PM
sounded like you entire rear end was falling apart when we went to the stand on Sat morning lol

Nobby
07-06-09, 07:14 PM
the mud was a epic fail

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:15 PM
i got in to wellingbough(sp) and gave a polish bloke a quid to jet it all of for me lol because i was getting a few strange looks driving down the road with big chunks of crap flying evry where lol

Lee
07-06-09, 07:38 PM
Great weekend despite MISERABLE Weather!

All pics in events section pleasey thankingyous :)

Mike
07-06-09, 07:40 PM
Great weekend despite MISERABLE Weather!

Lee, i honestly reckon is was possibly one of the best PV shows ive been to since i started going to them (5 years+ ago)

General Baxter
07-06-09, 07:41 PM
well iv just had a giant ****, massive shower, now im just comming from my sugar rush, and going to bed lol

mowgli
07-06-09, 07:43 PM
im just comming from my sugar rush

too much information baxter.......:(

Mike
lol im going to pub with Laura lol lol

Nobby
well iv just had a giant ****, massive shower, now im just comming from my sugar rush, and going to bed lol

haha i only did 1 night compared to you, camped in the estate foooking hurt my head on the cage!! ive just slept for 5 hours!!lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:44 PM
Lee, i honestly reckon is was possibly one of the best PV shows ive been to since i started going to them (5 years+ ago)
+1 :thumb:

General Baxter
07-06-09, 07:44 PM
**** know what happened, i jst had a mad sugar rush sat night and today lol

Mike
07-06-09, 07:45 PM
How did you end up by the M25 Nick?

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:46 PM
it took me nearly 5 hours to get home(should be 2 ish) went to a service station and ended up sleeping for 2 and a half hours lol

got in had a $hit shower and a shave just need my sunday dinner :D

General Baxter
07-06-09, 07:46 PM
i dont know lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:47 PM
lol@craig
actually the whole bodily functions discussions this weekend. Spuds uber epic fartage lol

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:49 PM
lol@craig
actually the whole bodily functions discussions this weekend. Spuds uber epic fartage lol

i had the same problems when driving back kim was nearly chucking up all the way up the M1 lol think it might have something to do with my (lack of) cooking skills lol

Tim-SR
07-06-09, 07:50 PM
i enjoyed it today i thought it was good despite the weather at the start. only just got back as well had a good convoy back with spud, dj_wudgey and blue-peg i think. good day though lads and the cars that were on the stand looked ace :thumb:

burgo
07-06-09, 07:50 PM
i had the same problems when driving back kim was nearly chucking up all the way up the M1 lol think it might have something to do with my (lack of) cooking skills lolthat'll be that pink chicken lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:51 PM
hahaha yeah, when your tent smell like your coolbox on a sunday morning its never good lol
"I've roffled my copter" hahaa

General Baxter
07-06-09, 07:52 PM
pants of fail, swinging round and nearly ****ing adam in the eye as i drove onto the stand FTW lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 07:52 PM
that'll be that pink chicken lol
I heard about that, just don't blame my bbq!!

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:53 PM
it tasted good after a crate of bow lol

i have two cooking styles

1) burnt to charcoal

2)red raw and still bloody lol

burgo
07-06-09, 07:55 PM
it tasted good after a crate of bow lol

i have two cooking styles

1) burnt to charcoal

2)red raw and still bloody lolin that case you failed big stylie as the chicken was both burnt to fook yet still raw lol

novaguy08
07-06-09, 07:55 PM
I have pictures from today including some from the PNG, i did pop past just after it stopped raining with a few mig mates to have a nosey lol, I did see a few sweet novas flying down the strip!!

That GMC van was insane! Funny when he stalled it on the second run!! Ill post up my pictures when i find my phone cable & get them on photobucket!

novalicous
07-06-09, 07:59 PM
in that case you failed big stylie as the chicken was both burnt to fook yet still raw lol

ROLFACOPTER lol

ste porter
07-06-09, 08:40 PM
hey guys just got back want to say thanks to everyone because you made the weekend worth staying for

time wise i was averaging 13.3 with reaction times nearly always 0.200 of a second then on the last run i pulled 13.2 but reaction time was 0.6 or something crap so in theroy i could posably broke the 12 barrier i was aiming for

bare in mind i was still only running about standard boost i never did run properly at a bar like i was going to but did switch to high boost on my last run when i got in 4th . only thing was that was the final push the clutch needed and on the way home i couldnt use more than half throttle or take it on boost as it just reved at me instead lol

so better tyres a diff decent clutch 28.psi maybe some gas should see it in 12s maybe 11s but we will see

me and rach headed back to the campp site about 5 took the tent down loaded up chilled and left about 6 real steady ride home as result of the clutch and got back at raches about 7

say it again top weekend
only 1 regret and that is i wish i had used my fire exstinguisher (sp) as i was going to

oh and a special massive thanks to ade lee spud ect for organising the weekend cracking job boys and i hope to see you at billing

Spudly
07-06-09, 08:58 PM
Farkin awesome weekend imo, weather was appalling and the site organisation was shocking as ever but the company was second to none and thats what the weekend so good, well done to everyone who made it the laugh fest that it was:thumb:

mowgli
07-06-09, 09:00 PM
I have a mate who goes to the vdub show there & he reckons it is always fantastic...... maybe vdub shows attract a better kind of person.......

Lee
07-06-09, 09:27 PM
Water cooled V Dub enthusiasts are the most stuck up, pompus, closed minded bunch of twunts I have ever had the mispleasure of sharing various shows with in the early part of my motoring interest. All my opinion of course drawn from a lot of experience late in my teens and early 20's.

WHich is strange as the Air cooled lot are probably the best mass of people to go to a show with!

mowgli
07-06-09, 09:29 PM
my mate is into aircooled......

John
07-06-09, 09:30 PM
Water cooled V Dub enthusiasts are the most stuck up, pompus, closed minded bunch of twunts I have ever had the mispleasure of sharing various shows with in the early part of my motoring interest. All my opinion of course drawn from a lot of experience late in my teens and early 20's.

WHich is strange as the Air cooled lot are probably the best mass of people to go to a show with!

Agreed. Nova owner however are second to none.:thumb:

Spudly
07-06-09, 09:31 PM
Agreed. Nova owner however are second to none.:thumb:

Ill agree with that one as everyone i have met so far have been straight up and downright friendly as hell and i have thoroughly enjoyed spending the weekend with them:cool:

mowgli
07-06-09, 09:31 PM
well, i will be at billing, so I'll have some fun finding out how friendly the other owners clubs are..

John
07-06-09, 09:32 PM
well, i will be at billing, so I'll have some fun finding out how friendly the other owners clubs are..

watch out for the vx4/90 oc, they're mad!

Paul
07-06-09, 09:36 PM
hey guys just got back want to say thanks to everyone because you made the weekend worth staying for

time wise i was averaging 13.3 with reaction times nearly always 0.200 of a second then on the last run i pulled 13.2 but reaction time was 0.6 or something crap so in theroy i could posably broke the 12 barrier i was aiming for

bare in mind i was still only running about standard boost i never did run properly at a bar like i was going to but did switch to high boost on my last run when i got in 4th . only thing was that was the final push the clutch needed and on the way home i couldnt use more than half throttle or take it on boost as it just reved at me instead lol

so better tyres a diff decent clutch 28.psi maybe some gas should see it in 12s maybe 11s but we will see

me and rach headed back to the campp site about 5 took the tent down loaded up chilled and left about 6 real steady ride home as result of the clutch and got back at raches about 7

say it again top weekend
only 1 regret and that is i wish i had used my fire exstinguisher (sp) as i was going to

oh and a special massive thanks to ade lee spud ect for organising the weekend cracking job boys and i hope to see you at billing

You do realise that your reaction time does not count towards your actual time?

hendrix
07-06-09, 09:38 PM
Ste was good to meet you and rach, loved your cars and our last minute rad trip was a laugh.
But campsite PNG central was very good with so many laughs. Thoroughly good weekend apart from the weather :thumb:

ste porter
07-06-09, 09:42 PM
so when you get a green light you can start when you like and the clock wont be ticking then?

mowgli
07-06-09, 09:42 PM
watch out for the vx4/90 oc, they're mad!

I think the word you are looking for is SENILE

John
07-06-09, 09:44 PM
I think the word you are looking for is SENILE

lol true! Last year they had a working bar!

Lee
07-06-09, 09:44 PM
so when you get a green light you can start when you like and the clock wont be ticking then?

Clock starts when your wheels break the line, not when the light goes green :thumb:

Jay
07-06-09, 09:45 PM

Yes the time starts once you've left the line not when the lights actually go green.

Jay.

Asa-James
well i had fun! and the weather brought back memories of National weekend, was good to meet those i knoew again, and put some more names to faces. big thanks to CP as well for renting out his field, meaning i got an awesome nights sleep (sooo peaceful) only problem being i was the only one who went...

anyway, uploading pics shortly, i'll post my faves in events as usual and link to the rest.

roll on billing!

mowgli
lol true! Last year they had a working bar!

If I owned a vx4/90, I think I'd drink a lot too

Jay
07-06-09, 09:46 PM
Slow post Fail from me as usual.

hendrix
07-06-09, 09:48 PM
which forum are all the pics in?
Im too tired to find them lol

Spudly
07-06-09, 09:49 PM
which forum are all the pics in?
Im too tired to find them lol

Events pics (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123120) funnily enough lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 09:54 PM
lol didnt even know that bit existed lol

Jack
07-06-09, 09:55 PM
i did see the png stand tho today with onlyu a few onovas
Are you sure it was ours? We had shedloads on our stand lol

and lmfao @ the people who left early complaining the weather was poo. It stopped raining at about 10:30, sun was out by around midday and the afternoon was beautiful!

Ste annihilating the red van was epic lol

Any "told you so" gen? :D

Craig and moi had a little interjection with a Burgundy Cav (GSi rep?) on the way home. He might think twice about trying to outrun any more Novas in future :cool:

hendrix
07-06-09, 09:58 PM
and lmfao @ the people who left early complaining the weather was poo. It stopped raining at about 10:30, sun was out by around midday and the afternoon was beautiful!

yeah we got going out and saw the rain was stopping....oh well lol.

Was the ste vs van run today??

Mike
07-06-09, 10:03 PM
Ste annihilating the red van was epic lol

Mate, Epic aint the word for that!!! 700bhp American all muscle versus a LET lol

burgo
07-06-09, 10:04 PM
yeah we got going out and saw the rain was stopping....oh well lol.

Was the ste vs van run today??yep. and to think ste didnt want to run against it lol

Asa-James
07-06-09, 10:06 PM
i got confused on the way back up north, after being overtaken by Lewis in his yellow SR rep just north of Brum. he'd left a good 45 minutes before me...

Paul
07-06-09, 10:08 PM

Yep, as said your reaction can be 12seconds and still get a 12 sec 1/4

Bit different it actual drag racing, but RWYB etc is break the beam, not go on green.

tom_beverley
07-06-09, 10:14 PM
Had a top weekend, really enjoyed the camping, banter and meeting more of you fine folks :thumb:

When I was leaving Pod earlier I saw the blue sky appearing when I was stuck in the queue, had enough of the miserable weather and just wanted to get home by then though!

Hope to see you all again at Billing (and yes I probably still won't be in my Nova but that won't stop me trying).

craig green
07-06-09, 10:16 PM
I was feelin the 'rave tent' last night. Top tunes (dnb) before it closed & I was well plastered. Lord knows what time i got up smornin (too early) but if the rain stopped at 10;30... I thought it was more like 12 LOL. I had a cool as feck time with Ste & rach aswell as ben (Novait) & great to finally meet Scott Parker.

Car made it home nicely, though felt strange on boost today but was sweet yesterday. constant fuel smell too. I was high as a kite at home & slightly dehydrated too. MAx speed on my travels? 88mph!

[edit] I have concluded that Corsa VXR's are now the chavs choice of chariot.....

ste porter
07-06-09, 10:17 PM
thats the thing in the pro shoot out we was briefed times are irelivent its first one across the line but yeah i see what ur saying to be honest i never realy thought about it like that it makes sense realy

when i pulled up next to that van he had his mechanic stup at the start line with him he lkooked at my car smerked laughed turned his nose up and said something to one of the marshals who then looked at me and smerked aswell how much of a tit did they feel after lol loved it

ste porter
07-06-09, 10:20 PM
feeling is mutual craig great time had by all i feel besides the typical wheather

found the fact that friday nite most of us to start with had nothing more than a jumper on and lee sat shivering in a big coat as if it was artic temps rather funny lol lol lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 10:21 PM
when i pulled up next to that van he had his mechanic stup at the start line with him he lkooked at my car smerked laughed turned his nose up and said something to one of the marshals who then looked at me and smerked aswell how much of a tit did they feel after lol loved it
When that happens its the greatest feeling in the world :cool:
Well done!!

Nobby
07-06-09, 10:22 PM
thats the thing in the pro shoot out we was briefed times are irelivent its first one across the line but yeah i see what ur saying to be honest i never realy thought about it like that it makes sense realy

quailty mate we need a vid!!

Spudly
07-06-09, 10:25 PM
Was a fecking awesome sight ste i was shouting, "go on ste,di it, go for it man"lol

burgo
07-06-09, 10:26 PM
Was a fecking awesome sight ste i was shouting, "go on ste,di it, go for it man"lolwhere abouts were you as i heard someone shouting for him lol

Spudly
07-06-09, 10:28 PM
On the side with the bank near the strip club thing just at the side of the start line, felt a bit silly shouting at first but then when he did him i was thinking "yeah all of you who LOL'd kiss my ass lol"

ste porter
07-06-09, 10:29 PM
cheers guys did have fun doing it aswell im just a little mardy i didnt make 12s as i planned and the fact my clutch is now officialy shafted and that it was slipping like hell miffed me abit but as said im pleased considering

pluss remember most thing running 13s had track tyres diffs nos ect and that one of mine had none of the above and about 7psi so im very very pleased all in all

hendrix
07-06-09, 10:36 PM
plenty more to go then ste ;)

Mike
07-06-09, 10:37 PM
Ill race ya for slips in my Corsa Ste :)

ste porter
07-06-09, 10:38 PM
not a chance mike i want to keep my car thanks lol

hendrix
07-06-09, 10:39 PM
hehehe

Mike
not a chance mike i want to keep my car thanks lol

Pussy lol lol lol :D

hendrix
Ill race ya for slips in my Corsa Ste :)
Ill race ya in HMS td of fail lol

ste porter
07-06-09, 11:08 PM
i was in hendrix car for less than 20 meters before i had identified about 6 mot failure just by the noises lol and every one i was right about
but it serves him well bless it even if it should be battle ship grey lol

novait
08-06-09, 09:51 AM
bugger sounds like i went home to soon in the end, even tho i was shocked throught lol..

and well done porter didnt seen you run on the sunday but sounds like you did very well...and there was you thinking it was going to blow up after two runs...lololol

dj_wudgey
08-06-09, 10:40 AM
id had a good time on the sunday no where near as good as previouse years but once the rain stoped i had a good day!

oh and spud whats with your car on way home dont think it liked mine!! it was throwing lumps off mud at my baby after tim got off the motorway lol!!

lynd
08-06-09, 03:05 PM
second that burgo all the wimps missed a great day, **** the weather enjoyed it anyway

Spudly
08-06-09, 03:09 PM
oh and spud whats with your car on way home dont think it liked mine!! it was throwing lumps off mud at my baby after tim got off the motorway lol!!

Was that torrential rain on the motorway, rich bailed as he needed a poo and i being more sensible in my elder years these days decided slowing down and taking it steady would be the wise choice of action, think all the rain softened all of the santa pod up my arches and allowed it to escape, my car had mud all up the side when i left pod, now its clean lol

General Baxter
08-06-09, 03:17 PM
Was that torrential rain on the motorway, rich bailed as he needed a poo and i being more sensible in my elder years these days decided slowing down and taking it steady would be the wise choice of action, think all the rain softened all of the santa pod up my arches and allowed it to escape, my car had mud all up the side when i left pod, now its clean lol

i need a new rear tyre, theres a stone in the mud which did not move, and has dug a nice grove in the tyre, i knew i could smell burning rubber lol

Smurf-Xx
08-06-09, 03:19 PM
As soon as we got back the cloud that hit us sunday morn was over my house p*ssing it down lol!

Spudly
08-06-09, 03:25 PM
We encountered it just near donny and feck me was it bad, i mean really bad with all the surface water and spray on the motorway (hence my car being white again) and apparently its been mint weather all weekend at home how typical is that lol

burgo
08-06-09, 07:01 PM
i wish it would rain here. my car is still bogging lol

General Baxter
08-06-09, 07:03 PM
luke, you got a flat tyre lol

burgo
08-06-09, 07:20 PM
baxter off of the fcuk variety

novalicous
08-06-09, 07:30 PM
i hit all the rain on the way back and spun it pulling in to a service station on the M1 luckily there was no one behind me lol

hendrix
08-06-09, 11:36 PM
We encountered it just near donny and feck me was it bad, i mean really bad with all the surface water and spray on the motorway (hence my car being white again) and apparently its been mint weather all weekend at home how typical is that lol
Rob and I had it all the way up the m1. It was awful!!