PDA

View Full Version : The great British weather (rant)

Dec16v
07-06-09, 10:50 AM
I've been really looking forward to PVS for weeks now, Dougie was kind enough to invite me to display my Sport on the TV stand and the I'd spent a few days detailing so it looked its best. What do I wake up to at 5am this morning.....

...the most torrential storm I've seen in years!!!! F*cking thunder, lightening, the works!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well, I'm putting her back in the carcoon again now as I'm pissed off. Let's hope the Billing weekend is better or I'll end up flogging the damn thing :cry:

Dec

Pistol Pete
07-06-09, 10:55 AM
Rubbish mate. I'm sure your car would have drawn a massive crowd aswell, not wanting to add insult to injury BTW. There is always Billing i guess, which IIRC has good weather most years.

xe Dan
07-06-09, 10:56 AM
yeah i no what you mean went to pv yesterday camped over woke up to loads of rain thought sod this and came home again the weather bought o downer on 1 of the best shows of the year ruined by the weather

draper
07-06-09, 11:16 AM
yeah i no what you mean went to pv yesterday camped over woke up to loads of rain thought sod this and came home again the weather bought o downer on 1 of the best shows of the year

:wtf:

lol

Ernie
07-06-09, 11:32 AM
Have some +rep for that one dude lol.

Nick J
07-06-09, 11:35 AM
I've been really looking forward to PVS for weeks now, Dougie was kind enough to invite me to display my Sport on the TV stand and the I'd spent a few days detailing so it looked its best. What do I wake up to at 5am this morning.....

...the most torrential storm I've seen in years!!!! F*cking thunder, lightening, the works!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh well, I'm putting her back in the carcoon again now as I'm pissed off. Let's hope the Billing weekend is better or I'll end up flogging the damn thing :cry:

Dec

I know exactly how you feel fella! You spend hours cleaning/painting/detailing the things that sets the car apart... Then the weather stops you using it or makes a mess and you have to spend hours doing it all again! Gutting.

Nick.

krobinson
07-06-09, 11:37 AM
I have to drive about 400 miles and get a boat to get to PV / Billing, if it rain's during the journey I'll just have to cry and live with it.

Rain sucks dec, it's incredably hard to clean the car properly afterwords, i feel your pain!

phazer
07-06-09, 12:49 PM

Dec

I hear you!! I've spent ages getting mine up to scratch for the show - it was wearing half a field underneath after the soaking at the Nat. Day. Got up at 4 am this morning and checked the weather, saw it was going to be massively ****e and couldn't face sitting in the car in the pissing rain all day :cry:

We've had it all here today, heavy rain, thunder and a massive hail storm.

Oh well, let's hope it's better for the next shows.

Rich
07-06-09, 02:32 PM
not bad here at the moment. glad i didnt make the journy to pvs now

hendrix
07-06-09, 03:13 PM
just got back from PVS....it was erm very wet lol. Most peoples cars were wearing half the campsite

Will F
07-06-09, 03:46 PM
just got back from PVS....it was erm very wet lol. Most peoples cars were wearing half the campsite

Did the rain stop?

I drove up to the gate this morning and turned around and drove home - what a huge waste of time, money, petrol and effort!lol :mad:

Ah well!

hendrix
07-06-09, 06:55 PM
I left at half ten lol, was still raining then....think I have trench foot hahaha

MK999
07-06-09, 08:01 PM
It cleared up around 12ish I think, can't remember the exact time, I was around to catch spudly's loud proclamation/speech on the great day ahead tho lol Actually made me smile in between feeling like crap! Flu+cold/damp/smoke/no sleep etc etc :(

Benn
07-06-09, 10:02 PM
I left at just after 11:30. Was soked thru, didnt even get to walk down to see the stand. was a joke, the mid stand had almost 2" of water over the whole thing. We gave up and went when the traders there starting to pack up and leave..

Didnt take a single pic either. :(

Dec16v
07-06-09, 10:05 PM
Got to feel for the organisers :(

Spudly
07-06-09, 10:07 PM
After the rain stopped today it actually was nice and we all managed a touch of podburn lol

The amount of mud that got everywhere was unreal, it jammed blue_peg's and novafusions rear wheels coming out of the campsite:eek:

And i didnt realise till i hit 45 mph on the way home that i had acquired a couple of pounds worth of mud as wheel weights and i had to stop and clear it out as my car was undrivable!

Jack
07-06-09, 10:14 PM
195/60/R15 FTW

I pretty much just floated over all the mud and water lol

ste porter
07-06-09, 11:05 PM
them wheel weights as you put are what nearlt through the light back end of my car into the wall at 90 -100 mph on the second run i did down the strip on sat!

ade
08-06-09, 01:00 AM
195/60/R15 FTW

I pretty much just floated over all the mud and water lol

lol

More weather threads...they depress me

Look on the positive - it stopped rained at 11am. Pod Burn ensued (even on Saturday which was mainly overcast). We had a packed stand and one of the busiest both days and the BBQ was ace even if I did sh1te through the eye of a needle Sunday morning after eating Hendrix "special stuff" / "great dane" kebab shewer thingies!

Royston Vasey anyone...

lol