PDA

View Full Version : sems low on oktan. and i want more power!!!

seli
06-02-03, 04:00 AM
I have a opel corsa 1.3 gt 1986
the car sems to be low on oktan just like its about to die ween i dont give it gass . what can i doo . or can this bee fixed bye just justering the ignishon on the end of the cam ax or fiting a new coil.
and it sems like the car uses more power than it makes if i dont give it gass the lights fade a litel and much more if matrix fann is on.. oh yeah is there supose to kome hott air from the senter airflows in the dash bord .... mine dosent.
and i was wondering can i trim the car by any easy metohood by sides off exoss or air in take (air filter) or isit just easyer to change engin. and what opel engins can i fitt in it ... i was thinking kadett gsi 2.0i oh yeh i have nodist i have 1.6 gsi mainfold on my 1.3 gt motor i know it is beter for eksos triming butt cudd i have a difrent motor i have nodist that no one has the seme motor or power as me my friend has a 1.6 gsi butt mine is faster and quiker cudd this bee a former test car. they have a tendensy to have biger and stronger.

Stuart
06-02-03, 12:15 PM
wow scary norwegan english lol

the center air ducts dont give hot air. i think a few have changed theirs so they do.

as for "low oktan" i think you need to get the idle adjusted on the carburettor allong with the mixture screw, take it to a car tune up place (not sure what you call them over there).

all the small engined cars dim the lights on idle due to the smaller pulley on the crankshaft. not a big problem, just rev the engine a bit if your that worried.

hope that helps